Thanks to the skin makers !

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

1. A big thank you, to the skin makers !
After adding gemada's new skin "LooxPosh Hybrid" into the Graphics folder (along with LooxHiQ, LooxLite, LooxPhat, LooxPosh, LooxPoshDark, LooxPoshLight), I now have a nice collection of alternative skin designs - which is great.

2. Easier on the eyes ?
Recently I started thinking about the possibility of customising the size of some of the skin icons, to make them a little larger (ie easier for me to see, and click). I'll list some in a moment, but one example would be the 'Minimize Window' button (top right, in Composer window).

These days, I use reading glasses to read smaller text on the computer screen, but even while wearing them I feel that my MU.LAB workflow could be speeded up if certain items were slightly larger.

If I had skin-making skills (which I do not), it would be about making something that 'looks easy to see', so perhaps I would name it "LooxEZ2C" (!).

With my limited knowledge, I've had a little play with the 'CollapseExpand' parameters of the "FullRack.Xml" and "SmallRack.Xml" files, in the "Panels" folder of LooxPosh, and managed to make a little example for the Collapse/Expand rack buttons:

Standard LooxPosh rack

Modified LooxPosh rack

So, I'm now just wondering whether any other users would find variations of this kind useful - or does everone else have 20/20 vision (!).

Some of the items I might modify (just my own personal taste) would be:

- The Minimise and Maximise icons, in certain windows (eg Composer window, Key Editor window, Modular Area window, etc).

- The Close Window icon (in various windows).

- The very small text for the drive descriptions, on the right hand side in the 'Edit->Choose External Audio Editor' file browser.

- Scroll-button icons, in various windows (bottom right). And perhaps slightly 'thicker' Scroll-bars (?).

- Racks: Collapse/Expand icons (at top left of rack).
- Racks: Speaker Mute/Unmute icons (at bottom of rack).

Les J.
PS. These are just some little personal preferences. I still appreciate all of the good work already done (as per my opening paragraph).

I 100% agree with you.

My vision is ok, but for me sometimes it's harder to find and click something in M3 than shotting with a snipper in Call of Dutty :hihi:

My vote for a larger button skin!

Also thanks to all devs that invest their precious time sharing those skins

:)

Juan Mendoza wrote:I 100% agree with you.

My vision is ok, but for me sometimes it's harder to find and click something in M3 than shotting with a snipper in Call of Dutty :hihi:

My vote for a larger button skin! ....
Thanks, Juan.

So there are at least 2 of us !

Maybe more ?

Les J.

3 of us... :D
Another "Prescription Fine-Print type size" is the Parameters at the bottom of the Key Editor. I need to squint so much I am beginning to look like Clint Eastwood!

One thing I complained in XT was the lack of vertical zoom and fortunately in M3 is so easy to use with the Wheel!

Anyway, I am all for for the improvement mentioned here, and of course my thanks to the skin designers. :clap:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Quick tip about the menus:

There is a preference "MenuFontSize" which you can set to a larger value.

More details on http://www.mutools.com/mulab/docs/preferences.html

mutools wrote: There is a preference "MenuFontSize" which you can set to a larger value.
Ah yes - thanks for the reminder about that.
It's very handy for menu-sizing. I currently use the 'Large' setting.

Les J.

THANK YOU SKIN MAKERS !!

Hi.
Thank you all for the kind words and support.
I'm always opened to new ideas to improve my skins. MU.LAB and MU.LABERS deserve it and it's really fun to design these skins :)

So, i'm working in a "easier on the eyes" version of LooxPosh Hybrid (my favourite skin at this moment)...there are some limitations in MU.LAB code for doing that but i think the final result will be an improvement to the present version of the skin.

Some of the changes envolve:

-Rack Collapse and Expand buttons;
-Minimize, Maximize and Close buttons;
-Scroll and Zoom buttons;
-Speaker Mute, Unmute and Solo icons;
-Rack slots (almost everything inside the rack is bigger);
-Transport Panel icons...

I'll post a preview soon and the download link. Just remember that there are some limitations inside MU.LAB core so i'm doing the best i can.

All the best

Looks promising keep up the good work!
quote:-Rack slots (almost everything inside the rack is bigger);
glad to hear this!

gemada wrote:So, i'm working in a "easier on the eyes" version of LooxPosh Hybrid ...
and
I'll post a preview soon and the download link. Just remember that there are some limitations inside MU.LAB core so i'm doing the best i can.
Great !

As per the very start of this topic, I, and people like Juan Mendoza and liquidsound (and most probably quite a few others) will eagerly await your new skin.

Thanks very much for the effort you put into skin-making.

Also, I meant to apologise to you earlier, after using your LooxPosh 'Rack' pictures when posting the little example of larger 'Collapse/Expand' buttons. I should have asked your permission first (or else used LooxPhat), but in my excitement I just forgot. Sorry about that - definitely no offence intended !

Les J.
Last edited by Improviser on Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LooxPosh Hybrid now also is available on http://www.mutools.com/downloads.html

Improviser wrote: Also, I meant to apologise to you earlier, after using your LooxPosh 'Rack' pictures when posting the little example of larger 'Collapse/Expand' buttons. I should have asked your permission first (or else used LooxPhat), but in my excitement I just forgot. Sorry about that - definitely no offence intended !

Les J.
Les J.:
No problem using LooxPosh pictures..."publicity" is always welcome and there's no need for asking my permission ;)
mutools wrote:LooxPosh Hybrid now also is available on http://www.mutools.com/downloads.html
Jo:
Thanks a lot for posting my skin once again :)
Let me add that the last version of MU.LAB is really great and rock solid :)

For everyone interested:
I'm almost finishing LooxPosh Large and already started another skin that will be named LooxBaby...it will be posted soon.

LooxPosh Large it's finished and ready to download.
Screenshot and download link in a new topic for further comments:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=284389

Enjoy it :)

gemada wrote:
For everyone interested:
I'm almost finishing LooxPosh Large and already started another skin that will be named LooxBaby...it will be posted soon.
Nice to hear this LooxBaby 'll have a "fisherprice" style? :lol:

Return to “MUTOOLS”