How to import it's own samples ?[solved]

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
I think it's a dummy question but i have just finishing to read the doc and try different way but i can't find a solution for import my own drum-kit.
I want to make a drum kit with multisampla but i can't import them in the piano picture or see them in the sample manger i have tried to put them on user ,librat etc i have made an empty preset and put a folder with the same name of the .musynth but without success.
I think i have missing something and sorry but i have RTFM :)
Any help would be appreciated!
Last edited by Simon Posford on Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hi,

an easy way to do this is just drag and drop the samples from your samples directory to the new multisample piano. After this, all samples will be shown in the mutisample piano and in the sample manager, where you can decide to embed them or not etc.

Seya!

Another easy way: FILE menu -> Add A Sample :)

mutools wrote:Another easy way: FILE menu -> Add A Sample :)
Thx for the tips!

mutools if i do this the sample open sampla not multisampla.

But the drag & drop works like a charm!thx Juan Mendosa!

All the samples you add end up in the Sample Pool. From there, MultiSampla can access them.

1) File->Add a Sample
2) Close Sampla, replace it in the Rack with MultiSampla, open the MultiSampla UI.
3) Pop up "Multisampler", click the "MultiSample" box to create a new Multisample and open the mapping UI.
4) Draw in your zone (it appears as "No Sample"), right-click to Edit Zone Details
5) Click the "Sample" box to choose one of the samples from the Sample Pool or open a new one.

Simon Posford wrote:
mutools wrote:Another easy way: FILE menu -> Add A Sample :)
Thx for the tips!

mutools if i do this the sample open sampla not multisampla.
Oops, sorry missed the multisampla part.

pljones wrote:All the samples you add end up in the Sample Pool. From there, MultiSampla can access them.

1) File->Add a Sample
2) Close Sampla, replace it in the Rack with MultiSampla, open the MultiSampla UI.
3) Pop up "Multisampler", click the "MultiSample" box to create a new Multisample and open the mapping UI.
4) Draw in your zone (it appears as "No Sample"), right-click to Edit Zone Details
5) Click the "Sample" box to choose one of the samples from the Sample Pool or open a new one.
Thx pljones i can't do the part 4) when i draw on the keyboard there's a translucid selection who disappear and if i right-click i have only the choices:select all select none etc...
in the zone there's no sample what i have missed?

Simon Posford wrote:Thx pljones i can't do the part 4) when i draw on the keyboard there's a translucid selection who disappear and if i right-click i have only the choices:select all select none etc...
You're selecting, not drawing. (Took me a couple of tries!) You need to hold control down to get the pencil tool. I should have mentioned that.

I wished you could finetune the samples as well as set or at least show the base key they're supposed to be on. I recorded my flutes a few years ago and painstakingly edited them to have proper loops and proper base key. I don't quite know why they come out so crooked, when I import them into here...but it's not quite possible to adjust them as far as I can tell.
Wav files have in their headers those infos, if you put them their (loop start/end, base key, for example...). Would be nice, if that could be used, but even better if that could be adjusted as well as fine tuning per sample.

I like it otherwise. Drag'n'drop works fantastic. Just multiselect all your samples and drag them into it... voila! Then you can just move them around on the piano roll to stick them where they should go.

Auto-zone would be nice, too. ;)

A bunch of "would be nices" are still up there...but only because Mu.Lab is really extremely worthy of getting them! Otherwise it wouldn't be interesting to even mention improvments. Nobody demands any more innovations, yet, hehe.

pljones wrote:
Simon Posford wrote:Thx pljones i can't do the part 4) when i draw on the keyboard there's a translucid selection who disappear and if i right-click i have only the choices:select all select none etc...
You're selecting, not drawing. (Took me a couple of tries!) You need to hold control down to get the pencil tool. I should have mentioned that.
Or double-click to draw, cfr http://www.mutools.com/mulab/docs/multi ... ditor.html

Thx all for your answers
All the method works (so i think i had read the manual too fast :)
Thx mutools too
It would be cool to drag & drop the sample of the sample manager directly in the keyboard editor.
Thats why i wanted to have all of my sample in the sample manger.

That's on the whishlist.

mutools wrote:That's on the whishlist.
Excellent!

Return to “MUTOOLS”