what is the typical use of sub-tracks ?

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mutools wrote:Still possible: You could mute the parts on the parent track without muting the track itself.
Yep. You're right Jo.
I'd forgotten about "Select Part->Right-Click->Mute".

So, for me (and Janamdo, and others), I guess Subtracks are now looking very useful. Thanks !

Les J.

Improviser wrote:
So, for me (and Janamdo, and others), I guess Subtracks are now looking very useful. Thanks !

Les J.
When you use only 'grouped tracks" than i don't see use for recording for the "name instrument track"

Therefore is it better to resize this "name instrument track" indepently from the "grouped tracks"
And also constructing a name for the "instrument track" is not so intuitive..it is too much work!

So let say.. i start first with making the "instrument name track" ( there is no need to add a part immidiately..it comes later )

I cannot give this track a name at once ..i must fierst assign this track to a rack and give this rack a instrument..than i can chance the track name ..BUT now i am FORCED to install a rack

No ..i want give the track a name and a empty sequenze
So there must be possibillity to name this track ?

Summarize ..missing now in MUlab for working with "grouping tracks"and a "name instrument track"
1) resize track at own insigt
2) Give track a name -easy ( no need for assignigning first a rack and instrument )

Improviser wrote:
mutools wrote:Still possible: You could mute the parts on the parent track without muting the track itself.
Yep. You're right Jo.
I'd forgotten about "Select Part->Right-Click->Mute".
Or select parts and click the mute icon in the Part Property Panel

Or select the parts and press use the relevant shortcut

Just summing up for completeness ;)

janamdo wrote:Summarize ..missing now in MUlab for working with "grouping tracks"and a "name instrument track"
1) resize track at own insigt
2) Give track a name -easy ( no need for assignigning first a rack and instrument )
About 2)

If a track has no target module (i.e. each part on that track defines its own target module), then you can name a track as you want. (see track context menu)

If a track has a target, it automatically takes the name of the target module.

mutools wrote:Or select parts and click the mute icon in the Part Property Panel

Or select the parts and press use the relevant shortcut

Just summing up for completeness ;)
Thanks for completing the picture.

Here in the UK, it's now 13:00 hrs, so I'm going to take a little break, relax with some lunch, and enjoy this nice feeling of 'completeness' regarding sutracks (at least for a little while, until I start digging deeper) !

Les J.

mutools wrote:About 2) ... If a track has a target, it automatically takes the name of the target module.
Maybe also mention (just in case janamdo was not aware of it ?), that such target module can be 'un-targeted' from the track by right-clicking on the track, and choosing 'Set Target Module Per Part'.

The name will change to Track 1 (or 2, 3, whatever), and can then easily be renamed by right-clicking, etc.

(hope I've got that right)

Les J.

mutools wrote: About 2)

If a track has no target module (i.e. each part on that track defines its own target module), then you can name a track as you want. (see track context menu)

If a track has a target, it automatically takes the name of the target module.
What is the problem to rename a track without a rack ? and also to resize it ?
Last edited by janamdo on Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Yep, that's right.

Improviser wrote:
mutools wrote:About 2) ... If a track has a target, it automatically takes the name of the target module.
Maybe also mention (just in case janamdo was not aware of it ?), that such target module can be 'un-targeted' from the track by right-clicking on the track, and choosing 'Set Target Module Per Part'.

The name will change to Track 1 (or 2, 3, whatever), and can then easily be renamed by right-clicking, etc.

(hope I've got that right)

Les J.
I am not interested in Set Target Module Per Part(it is a step too much), because the main grouping track is one sequenze .. it act only as name for the left side of the tracksquare with the loudspeakersymbol on it

First i have to assign a rack and that i don't want because there is no need for a rack, because the track is without music data

Nothing is perfect, janamdo, and never will be.

Besides this, there are some notes on the wishlist about improving subtracking.

As soon as the M4 cycle starts (no timetable yet) i'll launch poll(s) and discussion(s) here on the forum in order to get a feeling what has highest priority for the Kvr user group, which reflect a more advanced user group. I will then also talk to other people who more represent the newbie user groups. Then make a balance. Looking forward to it, but i must go patient.

mutools wrote:Nothing is perfect, janamdo, and never will be.

Besides this, there are some notes on the wishlist about improving subtracking.
From the advanced user you can make Mulab better to make more advanced music with it!
Especcially Taron is making music with Mulab.
For the newbie it doesn't matter..he or she can use Mulab as it is now

janamdo wrote:
mutools wrote:Nothing is perfect, janamdo, and never will be.

Another solution is the make "project sessions" in MUlab
Only one time to set up a empty "grouped song" layout in the composingscreen and use this over and over again to start with.

You can set up a template session as New.MuSession - this gets loaded each time you do "New Session".

pljones wrote:You can set up a template session as New.MuSession - this gets loaded each time you do "New Session".
yes haha that what i mean a "template" i couldn't find the word ..thanks :)

Return to “MUTOOLS”