Dream Of The Piano - OZMIX

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi All,

I still feel unwell and have a bad head cold and as a result my left ear is blocked.

But the show must go on so using my good right ear I have done the remix, again this is unpolished but sound OK to me.

Anyway the song was done using 3 tracks only. I wrote my bits of the song straight out of my head and using the pen tool only.

I am a bit tired now and I am off to bed.

Talk more tomorrow

Bye for now.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/zywa1dmvrdz/Dream Of The Piano - OZMIX.zip

OZ

TheGuysanIdiot wrote:Hi All,

I still feel unwell and have a bad head cold and as a result my left ear is blocked.

Talk more tomorrow

Bye for now.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/zywa1dmvrdz/Dream Of The Piano - OZMIX.zip

OZ
i am going to listen to your music en take a good rest and relax

Threw an eye on your remix.
I like your approach on the rhythm.
The second part (BASSB) is also interesting. The only thing that is not on my taste is the harmony changes on first part (BASSA), it's a bit too abstract for me, at least for what I had originally in mind while making this track.
Maybe I'm too tied to classical approach over melody/ harmony.

Overall, I think you made a good and interesting mix. :tu:

Hi Mihai

Well my ears have finally unblocked themselves. I have spent most of the day feeling very sick. It is 22:50 in the UK and I have just begun to feel a bit better.

To be honest your melody cuts though anything so I could have written loads of different bass lines and the melody would still get through.

What this remix has done for me is to get me to actually post something in a public place.

Your original song like any original song will always be the best version. It is just like films the sequel is never as good as the original.

But this has indeed been life changing for me confidence wise. I was a bit scared of showing anyone anything that I have done. But now I am ready to show the world what I can do.

Thank you very much for letting me use your song to get me out of my shell.

From now on I will let musicians like you do the demos for MU.LAB FREE. I usually use many tracks and a lot of commercial VSTi.

MU.LAB UNLIMITED is my VST/VSTi host and that is where I write my own music. My sounds/style comes from synths such as Sylenth1, Z3TA and FM7 etc.

I did the 3 track song to show everyone that MU.LAB FREE is a great gift and you can write loads of songs with it. But MU.LAB UNLIMITED is the way to go.

I have more to say later but I need to get some sleep now.

Talk more during the weekend.

Thanks again.

OZ

TheGuysanIdiot wrote:Well my ears have finally unblocked themselves. I have spent most of the day feeling very sick. It is 22:50 in the UK and I have just begun to feel a bit better.
Glad that you feel better. Hope you'll feel even better and stay well :)
TheGuysanIdiot wrote:To be honest your melody cuts though anything so I could have written loads of different bass lines and the melody would still get through.
Well, hope you'll try more different bass lines. For me it's interesting what people can build starting from same idea.
TheGuysanIdiot wrote:What this remix has done for me is to get me to actually post something in a public place.
Glad that did it for you. Hope you'll keep posting.
For me, feedback is a good way to improve, so I post my music on many public places (yes, I'm a internet whore :lol: ).
TheGuysanIdiot wrote:Your original song like any original song will always be the best version. It is just like films the sequel is never as good as the original.
Not truth man, I'm sure that you can make mixes that to some people might seem more interesting. You know, "de gustibus non est disputandum".
Music is not like sport, who's first win. Music it's about expressing different feelings, states of mind through different ways, using different vocabulary.
I've heard remixes so much better than original.

TheGuysanIdiot wrote:But this has indeed been life changing for me confidence wise. I was a bit scared of showing anyone anything that I have done. But now I am ready to show the world what I can do.
Well, your strong point is in a very good sense of the rhythm and a very imaginative way in "structuring" (as in arranging melodies into very crystallized and precise structures).

Looking forward to more music from you.

I like it specially with pianotech on the piano part;)

Hi Mihai, Simon and all,

Feel better today and the sun is shining. There are no volcanoes at the bottom of my garden and I am grateful for that.

Later today I will work on a few alternate bass lines and a few off the wall ideas and post OZMIX V2 - Vx etc.

Well I have now crawled out from that rock I have been hiding under and I will take my chances in the musical world. There is no turning back now.

Rags to riches and then back to rags again, probably.

See you all later.

OZ

Hi Mihai,

I have left this a day or so to rest my ears. I had another go so this is V2

http://www.mediafire.com/?twn22v2dhjg

I have changed a few notes of (BASSA) and put another (BASSB) between the two (BASSA) bits.

Sounds OK to me now. There will be no V3.

Thanks again for letting me use your song.

OZ

Hi All,

I have many thoughts going through my mind right now.

Do not worry nothing serious.

I am wondering if the music world is ready for me or if indeed I am ready for it.

I think I will go off and play golf for a while, may be a year or so.

I have enjoyed myself here on the forum and met loads of very clever and good people.

Please do all you can to support Jo and his great DAW.

Bye

OZ

Music isn't something that you can let aside.
After two years when you'll come back to your muse, she might be gone already.
Of course, golf sounds like a fun activity, but don't give up to music.

I'll take a look on your mix today, I've been working like crazy, recording an album in 5 days :lol: :cry: :lol: :cry: :lol: :cry:
in 4 days will be a big festival and we will go with our band there and sell also disks.

After I'll finish this project I will switch to M3 probably. For now I have my workflow in M2.7 and starting M2 and M3 and checking tracks is a bit over my hands right now.

Return to “MUTOOLS”