Hugs for backup in MuLab!

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

How Mulab saved my sanity.

Late last night I had the sadly rather unusual experience of a barrage of ideas for the project I was working on. I sketched the lot of them out quickly, planning to polish them at another point when less tired. I'd saved and was browsing the web with Mulab minimised when my PC mysteriously decided it was time for a reboot.

Forward to this morning and me booting up Mulab to get back to the project. On load, it gives me some splash screen about upgrading to UL. Hmmm. Investigation yields that shortcuts.xml and mulab.txt seem to have been replaced with defaults. Oh well, no biggie, I have a copy of my installation on a USB stick.

So I sort those out and then load up the project. Failed to load, do you want to try to open project in S.O.S mode? I start to panic a little. YES. Failed to load, do you want to try to open it in S.O.S? YES. Failed to load, do you want to try to open it in S.O.S? Ooooooh bugger, I probably begin to turn even paler than usual.

But ahah! I remember the autosave function. So I open that, drumming my fingers frantically waiting for the thing to load. Awww cripes, it's the project I opened AFTER the crash last night. Ok, I'm stuffed I think. But wait, what about the project folder? Muftis.musession.backup. Sweet Jesus Lord above, brother I am saved.

Double back-ups rule. Thank you.

Return to “MUTOOLS”