Short attack env question

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

i'm building a kick drum sythesized patch and i've settup two envelopes, one is for pitch modulation and the other the amp envelope. Both envelopes have very short attack, between 0 and 2 ms, and i hear a click (intended) at the beguinning of the kick sound.

The problem i have is that this click randomly varies in intensity, even dissapears sometimes and then comes back, it's not stable, so it's not usable.

Am i doing something wrong?

Jo i've sent you the musynth core patch so you can check it.

The WFT oscillator uses a random start phase in order to have a more analog/living sound. That's what causes the randomness.

You could use a sample if you want to avoid the analogness.

It's a lovely feature for most of sounds, believe me, i really like it for basses keys etc.

But if i want to recreate the charactheristics of a analogue TR-808/909 kick drum i need to recreate that fast clip attack, this random phase start is not really giving that "analog" feel but an unprecisse drum clip attack. Maybe a random start pitch would do the trick better and wouldn't alter the charactheristics of the attack portion so dramatically.

Anyway, this could be solved just with an option inside the WTF osc to enable or dissable this random phase start, or enven with the ability to control the amount of randomness, this could be also usefull to increase this randomness for other kind of effects (the pitch variations can be achieved with modulation thought)
You could use a sample if you want to avoid the analogness.
I don't want to avoid the analogness, i just want to control it! I also use a sample in the whole kikdrum generator. The file i sent you is just the synth core module, now i've sent you the whole kick drum patch. The oscillator sine wave is a custom wave taken from the kick of an analogue drummachine, resampled to match 4096 samples :wink:

There is a note on the wishlist about this.

But for now, if you want a straight waveform that is played back without the analogity, please use a sample then.

Thanks for the note on the wishlist!

Return to “MUTOOLS”