two more for the depths of the w(h)ishlist...

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For MuSynthCore... (yes, yes, I sense the dread already!)

keyboard tracking module:
- adjustable min and max
- outputs to modulation (cyan)

Echo (polyphonic delay for being in the core):
- same as the FX mono echo for MUX, just that it would be part of the synthesis within the core and therefore polyphonic.
- input for modulation of delaytime (exactly like the existing FX mono echo.)
- feedback modulation

That's some powerful stuff to have! ;)

Taron wrote:keyboard tracking module:
- same as the FX mono echo for MUX, just that it would be part of the synthesis within the core and therefore polyphonic.
This would need (too) much RAM!
MuSynth currently uses 64 voice polyphony.
Imagine a mono delay of maximum 2 seconds at 96 kHz.
This would need 64 * 2 * 96000 * 4 = 46 MB for a single such mono delay!
If you need stereo (which is almost always the case) that's almost 200 MB RAM!
And the average user isn't aware of that. Dangerous situation. (complaints about RAM problems...) Once the average computer has 100 GB of RAM, we can think about it.

Taron wrote: - feedback modulation
+10 for this

mutools wrote:
Taron wrote:keyboard tracking module:
This would need (too) much RAM!
MuSynth currently uses 64 voice polyphony.
Imagine a mono delay of maximum 2 seconds at 96 kHz.
This would need 64 * 2 * 96000 * 4 = 46 MB for a single such mono delay!
If you need stereo (which is almost always the case) that's almost 200 MB RAM!
And the average user isn't aware of that. Dangerous situation. (complaints about RAM problems...) Once the average computer has 100 GB of RAM, we can think about it.
I was hoping for a clever integration into the synthesis, but was afraid to even think about it before at least having presented the basic principle. At some narrow band of delay lengths it might not have to consume that much eitherway, since it should not go below the lowest perceivable frequencies anyway. In other words, supershort delay times up until something around 20ms max, I think, but havn't checked. Anyway...

See the idea is essentially a kind of sync effect that respects more complex input waves. Just some ideas...

check out my drumSynth04.MuSession in the other thread. I've made a sound with that principle, but it's really been a painful process to even put that one together, hehe.

Anyway, worst case just keep the key tracking module in the list! ;)

Thanks, Jo!
Last edited by Taron on Mon May 03, 2010 11:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

Taron wrote:Anyway, worst case just keep the key tracking module in the list! ;)
It's in there ;)

Ah, nice! Oh, sorry I've also edited my message above there... man, you're quick! :D

Return to “MUTOOLS”