3 modulair area's editors with sub-levels ... ?

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

OK. It's getting a little clear what you are proposing.
What I see is some Added behaviors to the MPA rather than a total "operational power move" to it.
Some of us may prefer to work only at the module level rather then the MPA.
It is a matter of workflow and, by leaving the system open, future development, I think.
This is also the case for users that have no experience in Modular Concept.
The Rack/Slot/Edit is more inviting to a users coming from other DAWs because is close to the standards but with the underling power of modularity.

You have to be careful when implementing something at the expenses of alternative methods. This is why Jo is very conservative, IMO, before going full steam with our wishes.

You don't seems to put your feet in other users shoes.
<Edit> Which is what is happening in XT!
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Also, what would be the logical behavior of clicking on a Rack Slot by implementing your concept. Would the MPA popup? Or the relative plugin?
Please don't tell me the MPA... :ud:

janamdo wrote:When you work on a effect(MUX) or sound than you are already in the session modulair window
Not at the moment, you are not. When you open a MUX/MuSynth, you are in a different environment than in the session area.

The session area exists once per session. You cannot have multiple "per session" areas per session (illogical). For the session area the concept of "patch" is equal to "MuSession" with all the complexity that implies.

MUX and MuSynth provide a means of encapsulating an idea in a reusable, shareable object ("patch"). They can occur many times, using different patches (or the same patch repeated) in a single MuSession or in multiple MuSessions. Thus they are completely different concepts from the session area.

---------------
EDIT! :bang:
---------------
Ah!

You mean that the top level "MuSession" modular area is just another MUX and can be thought of as no different to having a MUX in a MUX in a MUX ... etc, with the MuSession just being a MUX patch that happens to contains everything?

Well, still "not quite", as a MUX doesn't contain your track arrangement, Parts and Sequences. If you went that far, you would be into eXT territory!

liquidsound wrote:Also, what would be the logical behavior of clicking on a Rack Slot by implementing your concept. Would the MPA popup? Or the relative plugin?
Why should it not be possible on clicking on the rack slots that the instrument vsti, mux or fx is showing up?
It does not mean when you MUlab add these automatically to the session modulair editor that thsifunctionality is gone?

Only For the MUX and Mysynth there is no possibility anymore to go to their modulair editors( i am sorry :help: for that) from this point..you can control/automate the knobs only

For modulair working you must go to the ..yes MPA and click on the top-level symbol and go to the mid-level where you can play with the components

pljones wrote:
janamdo wrote:When you work on a effect(MUX) or sound than you are already in the session modulair window
Not at the moment, you are not. When you open a MUX/MuSynth, you are in a different environment than in the session area.

The session area exists once per session. You cannot have multiple "per session" areas per session (illogical). For the session area the concept of "patch" is equal to "MuSession" with all the complexity that implies.

MUX and MuSynth provide a means of encapsulating an idea in a reusable, shareable object ("patch"). They can occur many times, using different patches (or the same patch repeated) in a single MuSession or in multiple MuSessions. Thus they are completely different concepts from the session area.

---------------
EDIT! :bang:
---------------
Ah!

You mean that the top level "MuSession" modular area is just another MUX and can be thought of as no different to having a MUX in a MUX in a MUX ... etc, with the MuSession just being a MUX patch that happens to contains everything?

Well, still "not quite", as a MUX doesn't contain your track arrangement, Parts and Sequences. If you went that far, you would be into eXT territory!
It is not that difficult..

The new session modulair area(MPA) what i do have in mind..has two levels
- top-level ... this windows is automatically made by Mulab when you add a rack and fill slots
It shows the rack and the content

-mid-level: access to this level you get by clicking on a top-level symbol in the MPA

Example
suppose you load a Musynth with a sound .. than this sound is automatically added by mulab in the MPA window as top-level symbol ..clicking on it than you go straigh to the modulair editor where all components are

Can be not easier

janamdo wrote:
liquidsound wrote:Also, what would be the logical behavior of clicking on a Rack Slot by implementing your concept. Would the MPA popup? Or the relative plugin?
Why should it not be possible on clicking on the rack slots that the instrument vsti, mux or fx is showing up?
It does not mean when you MUlab add these automatically to the session modulair editor that thsifunctionality is gone?

Only For the MUX and Mysynth there is no possibility anymore to go to their modulair editors( i am sorry :help: for that) from this point..you can control/automate the knobs only

For modulair working you must go to the ..yes MPA and click on the top-level symbol and go to the mid-level where you can play with the components
Well, I thought we were in the MUTOOLS forum....
Are you sure you have been using MuLab extensively enough to really appreciate the way has been conceived?
Things like MUST are... you know what I mean.

janamdo wrote:Only For the MUX and Mysynth there is no possibility anymore to go to their modulair editors
So there's no point really going further. You're saying you only want a single level. Only use a single level. Leave the deeper levels alone and don't get scared of them - if you ignore them, they'll ignore you.

liquidsound wrote: Well, I thought we were in the MUTOOLS forum....
Are you sure you have been using MuLab extensively enough to really appreciate the way has been conceived?
Things like MUST are... you know what I mean.
Yes i know what you mean and you are convinced that this is most logical way to work with the modulair editor as MUlab right now is.

Well perhaps there is no need to have so much freedom in Mulab.. that is my idea

pljones wrote:
janamdo wrote:Only For the MUX and Mysynth there is no possibility anymore to go to their modulair editors
So there's no point really going further. You're saying you only want a single level. Only use a single level. Leave the deeper levels alone and don't get scared of them - if you ignore them, they'll ignore you.
Misunderstanding.. in the new situation(suppose there is a automatically feature that add the module to the MPA) from there you can go also to the deeper editor of the MUX and musynth
BUT only if you are in the MPA

There is no possibility to go from the Mux or mysynth if they are open in the composingscreen from there to the deep editors( what now is still in th eold situation is possible in Mulab)

As last post a picture to show the idea of a smaller modulair area in MUlab
With all my post is must be now clear enough what my idea is and that seems to me enough
I do use only ONE window (MPA) and from there i go to all other modulair windows(deep editors) by clicking on the top-level components to go deeper to a mid-level where i click on more components to go deeper (if necessary)

janamdo wrote:Well perhaps there is no need to have so much freedom in Mulab.. that is my idea
Please tell me this is a typo. ( :nutter: ) :uhuhuh:

Question:
What would you tell me if I say I prefer (as an option) to have a Plugin popping up instead of the MPA? (read>>PREFER)
You need to answer in order to get to the next page.

janamdo wrote:As last post a picture to show the idea of a smaller modulair area in MUlab
Your picture is wrong, though. Is that just a limitation of what you can currently draw or do you think your picture is right?

pljones wrote:
janamdo wrote:As last post a picture to show the idea of a smaller modulair area in MUlab
Your picture is wrong, though. Is that just a limitation of what you can currently draw or do you think your picture is right?
The drawing is sketch of a idea not the real thing
Do you get the idea what i think of a other workflow with the modulair editors what starts in the MPA ?

liquidsound wrote:Question:
What would you tell me if I say I prefer (as an option) to have a Plugin popping up instead of the MPA? (read>>PREFER)
You need to answer in order to get to the next page.
Suppose it is working like i have in mind ( what maybe could wrong.. why not :hihi: )

The MPA is not popping up, only if you choose it in the menu and if you choose a slot in a rack than the content i spoppping up

Return to “MUTOOLS”