Need Help to create video intro/tutorials for M3

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

not sure if this is the right place for posting this but since it's Mulab related i decided to post it right here.

I'm building a patch library for mulab, currently more than 70 and i hope to get to 128 or much more before releasing it. But i want to make some intros and even tutorials showing some of the presets and how to use certain asemblings i've made (i.e. A distortion Bank, a rythmic delay, a drummachine).

Since i can't automate the musynth/mux preset change in M3 i need to record Audio and Video live (just the Mulab screen, no need for a camera or something else), maybe talking at the same time (not sure about this, my english accent is like Arnold Swartzeneager) or with some text lines explaining what's been doing. Possibility to zoom certain parts of the video. And most important, i don't want to spend a single € in video SW because i certainly wouldn't use it anymore.

I want to do something like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDZUUOKuL0Y

Does any of you have experience with this?

I use Camtasia but it's expensive.
Try this one
http://camstudio.org/ it it one of the best free one

I would love to make tutorial but I am still in the dark to all the depths of MuLab!
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

liquidsound wrote:I use Camtasia but it's expensive.
Try this one
http://camstudio.org/ it it one of the best free one
Thanks :D I'll check this further but seems to be what i need!
liquidsound wrote:I would love to make tutorial but I am still in the dark to all the depths of MuLab!
I think we all are still on this dark :wink: But anyway what i want to show is not how mulab works, is just how are organized and how my presets or settups work.

That's great!
Maybe you should open a Topic where to post your tutorials and hopefully others will follow.
A Tutorial Topic..... :)

liquidsound wrote:That's great!
Maybe you should open a Topic where to post your tutorials and hopefully others will follow.
Thenks for the suggestion!
What i'll do is put this intros/tutorials in the post of each release. If i make a specific Mulab tutorial i'll open a more generic tutorials post, but first things first :help: :hihi:

I've tested this app you said and it works fine, easy and good quality. But i can't record audio with Mulab runing because says that the sound device is not avalaible because it's being used.

Do you know of a workaround to do this?

Juan Mendoza wrote:
liquidsound wrote:That's great!
Thenks for the suggestion!
What i'll do is put this intros/tutorials in the post of each release. If i make a specific Mulab tutorial i'll open a more generic tutorials post, but first things first :help: :hihi:

I've tested this app you said and it works fine, easy and good quality. But i can't record audio with Mulab runing because says that the sound device is not avalaible because it's being used.

Do you know of a workaround to do this?
Can you use Asio for one and MME for the other or viceversa?
I think we need Jo or pljones here.... :help:

I had the same issue here. But i switched off sound recording to avoid the alert.

Maybe if you set MU.LAB to MME, then the problem is avoided too? Can you please try that.

Thanks

I finally got this to work with the MME driver :)

But i needed to manually detect/select the speaker channel for recording, and i hear some clicks whe i turn certain musynth controls but better this than nothing.

Now i have a 250MB .avi file, can this be directly uploaded to youtube? or do i need to compress/convert the movie? if i need to, how?

Juan Mendoza wrote:Now i have a 250MB .avi file,
:-o :shock:

Try to convert it with this one
http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

It will be much smaller. I don't know what's good for Youtube but this converter is great.

I used the H264 .mov format and it has a very good quality/size ratio!

mutools wrote:I used the H264 .mov format and it has a very good quality/size ratio!
+1
And i really want to see this drummachine!

I am not absolutely sure but i think youtube maxi size for videos is about 100 mb but maybe i am wrong...

mutools wrote:I used the H264 .mov format and it has a very good quality/size ratio!
This?
http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPERsnap8.html

I used another app for it, VideoPad. Didn't know about Super at that time.

Still looking for an easy video editor that can do

* Create videos using existing video clips and pictures (pictures to add overlay text boxes to explain things)
* Include transition effects between them (lots of choices) to make the video more sweet
* Save as H264 as that's currently the best codec i think, and very compatible with YouTube.

Goal is to have an easy way to make video tutorials.

VideoPad is not bad, but it lacks many transition effects, only a crossfade. It also has no good support for plugins. It does the job until i find something better. Any tips?

mutools wrote:I used another app for it, VideoPad. Didn't know about Super at that time.

Still looking for an easy video editor that can do

* Create videos using existing video clips and pictures (pictures to add overlay text boxes to explain things)
* Include transition effects between them (lots of choices) to make the video more sweet
* Save as H264 as that's currently the best codec i think, and very compatible with YouTube.

Goal is to have an easy way to make video tutorials.

VideoPad is not bad, but it lacks many transition effects, only a crossfade. It also has no good support for plugins. It does the job until i find something better. Any tips?
Camtasia Studio 5 all the way. But $$ :shrug:

Juan Mendoza wrote:
I think we all are still on this dark :wink: But anyway what i want to show is not how mulab works, is just how are organized and how my presets or settups work.

Hey Juan,

I think what your doing is a great Idea. Mu.lab does need video tutorials put out on youtube. If it works,I would most definitely watch your videos. If you and liquidsound are in the dark when it comes to mu.lab that would make me nonexistent

Hey liquidsound, I am not saying you have to put out a tutorial, but I believe that you know what your doing when it comes to mu.lab and what you know and can do would really help out alot of newcomers like myself.

I always like to read what is being talked about in the forum, but if I had something I can see and visualize it would help out so much more understanding the concepts on how mu.lab works.

I would love to help you out Juan, but theres only so much I know.

Hey Jo, If these videos get exposure and it continues to grow, it can show alot of people out there how great of a DAW mu.lab is. The Mu.lab intro on youtube is great. I think more exposure wouldn't hurt. 8)

Funk01

Return to “MUTOOLS”