Is the list of Mux effects gone in this new version?

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In the previous version, once a mux was assigned to a rack, and the mux interface was open, I could just press the arrow-down key on my keyboard to move through a list of mux's, changing from one to another. Has this been replaced with the arrows above the interface, or am I just opening the mux in the wrong way? (I liked being able to see the list of mux's and just press that key to move quickly through them. Great for creating different EQ settings and scrolling through them quickly.)
Last edited by Jake Jackson on Wed May 05, 2010 5:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

You are doing it the right way. It has changed. I do miss it too but now you get more browsing power.
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Well, it's a lot easier to press the one button than to click the mouse on one of the arrows. And the list let you see all of the available effects or variations you created. Now, with the arrows, we're flying blind when we click, unless we memorize the list of effects.

Jake Jackson wrote:Well, it's a lot easier to press the one button than to click the mouse on one of the arrows. And the list let you see all of the available effects or variations you created. Now, with the arrows, we're flying blind when we click, unless we memorize the list of effects.
Memorize effects no way for me.. MUX management must be improverd than

Yeah I miss the old system too!

Read your comments. Added a note on the wishlist.

In the next version you can add a shortcut to "Select Previous Preset" and "Select Next Preset" ;)

I hate to bear down on this small subject, but...adding a previous and next button wouldn't make it better. They would do the same thing as the current arrows and thus limit the user in exactly the same way: there is no way to see where one is going. Is there no way to just include the old sidebar list? It worked very, very well.

Jake Jackson wrote:I hate to bear down on this small subject, but...adding a previous and next button wouldn't make it better.
Euh, when i reread the posts in this topic, this was one of the issues, right? So i think it is an improvement to be able to use keys/midi to step thru the presets.
there is no way to see where one is going.
Click on the preset name, it will show you a drop down list.
That way you can quickly scroll to the preset you want.

mutools wrote:
Jake Jackson wrote:I hate to bear down on this small subject, but...adding a previous and next button wouldn't make it better.
1.Euh, when i reread the posts in this topic, this was one of the issues, right? So i think it is an improvement to be able to use keys/midi to step thru the presets.
there is no way to see where one is going.
2. Click on the preset name, it will show you a drop down list.
That way you can quickly scroll to the preset you want.
No, no.

1. You said earlier that "In the next version you can add a shortcut to "Select Previous Preset" and "Select Next Preset." But that's already there with the buttons. So there's no change.

2. The list was much easier to use. It's easier to see the difference. Here's the way that the presets were shown in the previous version:

Here's the new panel:

The list in the old panel didn't require any clicking each time you wanted to choose the next item (again, you could just press the Down button on one's computer keyboard), and you could see what came next without having to click. Much, much better.

Could you keep the buttons\arrows AND add back the list? :)

Jake Jackson wrote:1. You said earlier that "In the next version you can add a shortcut to "Select Previous Preset" and "Select Next Preset." But that's already there with the buttons. So there's no change.
Yes, there will be. As you will be able to step thru the presets by key!
The list in the old panel didn't require any clicking each time you wanted to choose the next item (again, you could just press the down button), and you could see what came next without having to click. Much, much better.
Please lets continue this topic once the next MU.LAB 3.1.2 test version is out, as it got some improvements regarding this. That new version may be expected later today or tomorrow.

Jake, did you try out the MU.LAB 3.1.2 test version regarding this aspect?

Return to “MUTOOLS”