loading loops

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i just downloaded mu labs and am intrigued. i use reaper and record/reason right now. i don't like reason record because no third party vst's. my question is can i load one of my loops into mu labs like in reaper? i don'tunderstand loading a loop in a sampler and i hope i can just load it into the sequencer.

First, Welcome here! You'll meet one of the finest Developer and a very cool user group.

I use my Reason Drum Loops imported as Audio file in any track but there are probably better ways which I have not explored yet. I am very little into audio... no for long though.

Since you are a Reason user I like to add that ReWire in Mu.Lab is impeccable and you'll find the piano roll outstanding once you learn all the methods of using it, and I strongly suggest you to check the Docs on line at the MUTOOLS website.

Ask as much as you need. You'll always get an answer. :)
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Hello, and wellcome!:D

I own reason since v2, never used it a lot, just for collab projects with other reason users, but believe me, now i use it 0, and i gonna give it to my brother because with Mulab i don't need it anymore.

Responding to your question i think that you could try to conect it via rewire, i feel more comfortable working with events than with audio when composing, but the choice is yours.:wink:

Hope you swim into the basic concepts soon and get back here with your doubts (if any)

guys i rarely use record/reason i mainly work in reaper. can i simply load a loop into a track directly?

carllackey wrote:guys i rarely use record/reason i mainly work in reaper. can i simply load a loop into a track directly?
Yes you can, as a sample.
the only problem is that Mu.Lab doesn't support loop formats yet, not acid, not rex or others, so, basic loop functions as stretch to host tempo, loop and other things will not be possible :(

I suggest using UVI Workstation for that. I's free, behave properly in Mu.Lab (as vst plugin) and read several loop formats including rex.

sorohanro wrote:I suggest using UVI Workstation for that. I's free, behave properly in Mu.Lab (as vst plugin) and read several loop formats including rex.
Live and learn.. Thanks!
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Return to “MUTOOLS”