Again Sequence editor...

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There is one thing, which I don't get...

I create a new part on e.g. Track 1, which is routed to Rack A, which contains a VSTi...
I doubleclick the part and in the sequence editor or better in the event graph editor, I've beside velocity, aftertouch and pitchbend a "folder" named controllers...of course the standard midi controller... (by the way, it's a pity, that there is no way to access the VST automation parameter of a plugin, loaded in the rack, to which the part/ track is routed to...)

If I reroute the track > rightclick the track > Choose target module > New module in new rack (choose the same VST, loaded before in Rack A) and open the list of the event graph editor again...I get an additional "folder" named parameters with parameter 1-16 inside...

How to use this??? I guess it's similar to the parameters of MUX deep editor!?
Is there a way to directly get access to the VST automation parameter of an VST inside a rack???

Trancit

Trancit wrote:There is one thing, which I don't get...

I create a new part on e.g. Track 1, which is routed to Rack A, which contains a VSTi...
I doubleclick the part and in the sequence editor or better in the event graph editor, I've beside velocity, aftertouch and pitchbend a "folder" named controllers...of course the standard midi controller... (by the way, it's a pity, that there is no way to access the VST automation parameter of a plugin, loaded in the rack, to which the part/ track is routed to...)

If I reroute the track > rightclick the track > Choose target module > New module in new rack (choose the same VST, loaded before in Rack A) and open the list of the event graph editor again...I get an additional "folder" named parameters with parameter 1-16 inside...

How to use this??? I guess it's similar to the parameters of MUX deep editor!?
Is there a way to directly get access to the VST automation parameter of an VST inside a rack???

Trancit
Yes you can access the VST parameters:
You need to target the VST rather then the rack.
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

liquidsound wrote: Yes you can access the VST parameters:
You need to target the VST rather then the rack.
But it isn't listed in the Choose Target list, if only inserted in a rack...

Trancit

Ok, I found the little icon on the right :roll:

But what's that parameter thingy if choosing "New Module in new Rack"

Trancit

Trancit wrote:Ok, I found the little icon on the right :roll:
I know it may be not obvious at first sight.

Question: How could it be made easier?
But what's that parameter thingy if choosing "New Module in new Rack"
That's a little bug. Will be finetuned.

mutools wrote:That's a little bug. Will be finetuned.
I went crazy trying to answer his question :bang: :cry: :phew:

mutools wrote:

Make the same like in the other dialogs with "hidden" choices: a plus sign beside the e.g. "Rack A" label!!! The button on the right do the same thing, it opens the label like a folder.

This would be my guess...

Trancit

Trancit wrote:
mutools wrote:

Make the same like in the other dialogs with "hidden" choices: a plus sign beside the e.g. "Rack A" label!!! The button on the right do the same thing, it opens the label like a folder.

This would be my guess...

Trancit
Nice idea but it could make a new user thinking that the only choices are in the "plus sign" menu and miss the Rack... like usually happens in the regular menus :?
Last edited by liquidsound on Fri May 07, 2010 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

In MU.LAB 2.7 it was like that as you describe it, but then how to select the rack itself?

So in M27 it looked like this:

The "Rack Itself" thing was confusing imho.

I think the M3 way is more neat.

But if you think of something beter, please let me know.

mutools wrote:In MU.LAB 2.7 it was like that as you describe it, but then how to select the rack itself?

So in M27 it looked like this:

The "Rack Itself" thing was confusing imho.

I think the M3 way is more neat.

But if you think of something beter, please let me know.

Yes, I think it isn't a big deal, but perhaps it should be better documented...

As soon as you know the function it's quite handy...especially when it comes to downbreaking of the instances of the MuLab plugins itselfs...

Make a tutorial about choosing targets, then everybody will know...
No need to invent something new.

Trancit

Ok, I've not noticed before...my fault :cry:

Trancit

Return to “MUTOOLS”