virtual keyboard suggestions

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mutools wrote:Sure but imagine you make a song with scale X.

Then you would have to tell each and every synth you insert: hey i want you to use scale X. That's not comfortable imho.

That's why i would rather go for a scale setting per composition.
You're not going to mix scales in a composition, i think, as that would sound Very weird.

But making compositions in anoher scal does make sense of course, e.g. making indian music with MU.LAB.
How about a composition level scale that all MIDI modules inherit their scale from? Then at the module level you could change the scale away from this default.

I do think that choice of scale should be an instrument-level setting -- sitar and piano should be possible with no strangeness. Perhaps, yes, it might make sense to have a Composition-level setting that can be overridden per module.

Oh... or maybe it's a Part or Sequence property, rather than an instrument property? Hmm..........

Yes, it's not an easy question where to put the scale property. At this point i think to the composition. But it's still very open. Doesn't have to be decided at this point.

About the pitch bend trick: i've been thinking: what if the pitch bend trick is applied but the user also uses the pitchbend on his MIDI keyboard? => pitch bend trick system fails.

I noticed the VST system does support the use of other scales, though i'm not sure how many VSTs support that feature. Anyway, it's there and i'll use that way once scaling would be implemented.

if you allow me...

...as much as i can understand of all of these coding aspect, you could concentrate on a way to implement all types of scales and transpositions strictly based on the half-tones equal intervals
(as this was in fact my primary suggestion)

then...

Return to “MUTOOLS”