More modulations sources to play with...

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

How about adding more modulationssources to Mulab ?
In Protues X2 also named "chords" :roll:
As example enclosed my Proteus X2 soundmodule, but more is possible with the Emulator X3 sampler

It seems rather advanced Proteus X2 in comparing with the Mulab modulations possibilties right now

janamdo wrote:How about adding more modulationssources to Mulab ?
In Protues X2 also named "chords" :roll:
As example enclosed my Proteus X2 soundmodule, but more is possible with the Emulator X3 sampler

It seems rather advanced Proteus X2 in comparing with the Mulab modulations possibilties right now

<PIC>
From the list there, I really can't see what utility this adds? Or how sources like "Filter Env +" would be good for anything -- I mean, they sound more like destinations to me.

robenestobenz wrote:

From the list there, I really can't see what utility this adds? Or how sources like "Filter Env +" would be good for anything -- I mean, they sound more like destinations to me.
I am sorry :lol: ..the next list are the destinations

you can download a manual and advancedapp for Proteus X2 to get a idea how it works there

The MIDI event to modulator stuff has already been talked about. The ADSR modulator covers off "Amp Env", "Filter Env" and "Aux Env" (and, of course, as many as you like). There is an LFO (so you can have as many as you like, not just two).

That leaves "Func Gen". What is it?

pljones wrote:
That leaves "Func Gen". What is it?
Function Generators
The function generator is a multi-function modulation source, fully capable as a
complex LFO, a sequencer, an arpeggiator, or an envelope generator, depending on the
way it is utilized. Because of its amazing flexibility, the function generator is certain to
be one of your favorite new toys in your sound design toolbox. Because you can never
have too much of a good thing, each voice has three independent function generators!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
The function generator outputs a stepped (or smooth) sequence of values and a gate/
trigger for each step. Its most obvious function is a step-sequencer (when controlling
pitch), or as a complex event generator for the filter or amplifier. Several key sync and
direction modes allow you to create interesting variations and complex levels of
control. The gate and trigger outputs can, trigger envelope generators, retrigger samples
or LFOs, accent certain notes, change tempo, and trigger other events.

Ah yes - I've seen something similar in Rapture. That would be a fun modulator! :)

pljones wrote:Ah yes - I've seen something similar in Rapture. That would be a fun modulator! :)
Glad you like it.... :) for more info http://www.emu.com/support/files/storag ... 0Guide.pdf

It also modulair working here

janamdo wrote: Function Generators
The function generator is a multi-function modulation source, fully capable as a
complex LFO, a sequencer, an arpeggiator, or an envelope generator, depending on the
way it is utilized.
That sounds to me like the Muzys modulators
:roll: :)

In DimPro, Rapture, etc, you can draw your own curves and define loop points, which is pretty powerful.

Juan Mendoza wrote:
janamdo wrote: Function Generators
way it is utilized.
sounds interesting :) to compare the inner working of Muzys with the EMU function generator with is quit versatile seems to me

I don't know yet the Muzys program..

Juan Mendoza wrote:

The whole idea of this discussion is for me how to get more advanced sounds effects in Mulab?
What else you do you need more in the modulair area.?
The "little sessions" from Taron gives a oversight what is possible, but it is limited seems to me
So the focus for Mulab must also to enrich the modulair area.

I remember simplicity/easiness of the app is also a priority for you, right?

mutools wrote:I remember simplicity/easiness of the app is also a priority for you, right?
Ofcourse.. a minimum of easy tools to produce the desired musicresult
So with the existing modulair area what is further possible what Taron with his littele session shows us?

Hi Jan
janamdo wrote: The whole idea of this discussion is for me how to get more advanced sounds effects in Mulab?
IMO you don't need more modulators etc to create more complex sounds, just a bit of experimenting here or there. I'm getting great results with what we have now, and i'm not using more than a 50% of current mulab capabilities.

Wan't more rich and complex sounds? try to use your own waves for the osc and you'll discover an endless world of possibilities. Believe me, try to load any wave from voice waves to your fave HW synth ones, then try the AIPS parameter, and even better modulate it :wink: try different filters, not only the classic Hi and Low pass. There's a lot of power under the hood waiting to be discovered.
What else you do you need more in the modulair area.?
It's clear that we (at least I) need more modulators like tempo ADSR and LFO, but this has been requested/discussed before and Jo stated that more modulators will come in the future. Knowing what he can make (FYR muzys modulators) i'm patiently waiting for the M4 cycle to discuss this further
The "little sessions" from Taron gives a oversight what is possible, but it is limited seems to me
So the focus for Mulab must also to enrich the modulair area.
You're right that Taron's sessions show just the top of the iceberg (a big Top :) ), but i also agree that it's clear that Mutools is alredy focussed to enrich the modular area, fyr the new Note Key Splitter.

About this last, a nice trick is to use it not only for drumkits but for synthsounds too. Just an exmple: take your favorite pad patch from the musynth library, make 12 copyes of it in a mux, add a key note splitter and assing one note to each copy of the pad > Now tweack the lfo speed of each pad separately so they have different rate, or change the osc wave of some of the pad patches or detune them > play it :)
I'm sure you'll be surprised by the complexity you can achieve with what we have now.

I agree with Juan that the current 'limits' already allow a lot of creativity.

Of course we always want more, that's human nature.

Don't worry, i also want to further enrich the modular possibilities, i'm eager to do so.

But i also constantly sort the wishlist per priority, that's part of good development.

Enriching the modular editors is one of the wishes among others.
(that's what i implicitly meant with my previous question)

More on this in the M4 chat lateron.

Meanwhile, please also push your own limits by being creative and innovative :)

As it's not only about extending the functional borders of the app, it's also about extending the borders of our creativity! That's independent from the tools we're using.

Return to “MUTOOLS”