Proteus X2 versus Fruity Loops multitimbre VST

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I try to connect all 16 midi channels in MULab for Proteus X2, but in the modulair area Proteus X2 has only one audio output ( proteus x Vsti bus 1+1 )

The documentation says : 16 Midi channels per instantiation for Proteus X2
So it seems to be not working here in MUlab like as in fruity loops there are 16 midichannels as output in the modulair area

strange?

Hi Jan,
i don't know this synth or fruity loops but i'm a bit confused with your message.

To have 16 MIDI channels for each instance is a different thing than having 16 AUDIO outs. The midi chanel is selected from the composer view, right click on the track header and choose midi chanel.

If you want to perform all 16 MIDI channels, create 16 tracks in mulab and assign each one to a different midi channel.

The number of audio outs has nothing to do with the midi chanels, and i wouldn't be surprised if it has only a stereo audio out.

but maybe i'm missing something man :wink: :help:

copy from the proteus manual:
VST Output Buses
This control is only active in the Proteus X VSTi application. This setting allows you to
add additional VST buses (stereo pairs). Proteus X channel outputs can be assigned to
VST buses in the Multisetup, Output field. These outputs are sent to the VST Mixer in
your recording application. You must restart the VSTi for the changes to take effect.
hope this helps :)

Juan Mendoza wrote:copy from the proteus manual:
VST Output Buses
This control is only active in the Proteus X VSTi application. This setting allows you to
add additional VST buses (stereo pairs). Proteus X channel outputs can be assigned to
VST buses in the Multisetup, Output field. These outputs are sent to the VST Mixer in
your recording application. You must restart the VSTi for the changes to take effect.
hope this helps :)
It seems to my that there are already 16 midi channels for Protesu X2 in Cubase and than you add three busses
Maybe is Proteus X2 special adapted for Cubase ?

But in Mulab there is only one output for Proteus X2, while for fruity loops multi out there were 16 outputs ( and it is not a rewire device wich can also be choosen in the modulair area for Fruity loops )

So Midi channels have also a audio output
For Fruity Multi 16( only one module) it was easy to route each midi channel to a rack (16)in the modulair area
For Proteus X2 you now have 16 modules to set up and route to 16 racks
How this VST busses case for Cubase works out in MUlab ?
Perhaps is possible to setup this also in MUlab (first grasp the setidea from Cubase!)

I hope this is correct :roll:

janamdo wrote: It seems to my that there are already 16 midi channels for Protesu X2 in
There are 16 MIDI channels too in Mulab, but it's not the same as AUDIO buses, outs or racks :!: Midi is just control data, i.e. notes, controller messages etc while audio is audio man, i don't see the relation anywhere.

Seems that the propeus must be setup first in order to have more AUDIO outs. As the manual says you have to activate the audio outs in the Proteus preferences and later restart the proteus in order to have them avalaible.

What you say about FL is that by default FL makes avalaible 16 midi ins + 16 audio outs per instance, but the proteus don't. Proteus by default only creates 1 stereo audio out and you have to manually create the other outs. As the manual says it's not Host dependant, it's the proteus way of work (more logical IMO that creating all 16 audio outs by default)

janamdo wrote: It seems to my that there are already 16 midi channels for Protesu X2 in
Juan Mendoza wrote: There are 16 MIDI channels too in Mulab, but it's not the same as AUDIO buses, outs or racks :!: Midi is just control data, i.e. notes, controller messages etc while audio is audio man, i don't see the relation anywhere.
If you look at the 2 modules(Multi vst/Rewire) for fruity loops in the modulair area they look similar, both do have 16 nipples and both you must route to the racks
Juan Mendoza wrote:Seems that the propeus must be setup first in order to have more AUDIO outs. As the manual says you have to activate the audio outs in the Proteus preferences and later restart the proteus in order to have them avalaible.
Yes indeed, suppose i connect all 16 , perhaps the module in the modulair area shows also 16 nipples? ( i must do this setup with 2 and look how it works and if i see the extra "nipples")
Juan Mendoza wrote: What you say about FL is that by default FL makes avalaible 16 midi ins + 16 audio outs per instance, but the proteus don't. Proteus by default only creates 1 stereo audio out and you have to manually create the other outs. As the manual says it's not Host dependant, it's the proteus way of work (more logical IMO that creating all 16 audio outs by default)
It seems that Fruity Loops in MUlab is more userfriendly than Proteus X2

That depends on your situation. Your sound engineer might give you some very strange looks if you asked for 16 stereo channels for your synth on stage. You'd be expected to use one, normally.

FL2 isn't a synth, of course, it's a DAW, so you'd expect it to have a different audio out configuration by default.

pljones wrote:That depends on your situation. Your sound engineer might give you some very strange looks if you asked for 16 stereo channels for your synth on stage. You'd be expected to use one, normally.

FL2 isn't a synth, of course, it's a DAW, so you'd expect it to have a different audio out configuration by default.
Yes, you are completely right : Proteus X2 is a soundmodule and Fruity loop is a DAW ..good to realize!
But for working in MUlab its is almost the same because as i see it now : set up 16 busses in Proteus via preference and it shows also in the modulair area 16 (midi) audio outputs

Return to “MUTOOLS”