Sound Distortion on v3 free

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am a music teacher and I have been testing Mulab V3 in school. The feedback from Pupils is good but distortion on playback has been a real problem. Is there anything I could do to prevent this? Any help would be great - because the distortion problem is the only one left that could prevent me from upgrading and rolling mulab out. Any help would be great!

Many thanks

I guess you need to give a bit more info.

'distortion on playback' is a bit vague - in any case it must either be the case that you're doing something wrong or there's a problem with your hardware/driver since there is no inherent distortion in Mu.lab 's summing engine.

- What kind of distortion is it?

- when does it appear?

- could you post a file which shows the distortion you are reffering to?

My first wild guess is that you're clipping the master. If that is really then case then you only need to turn down the master fader to solve the problem. :-)

Oh, and just to make sure:

I'm only a user just like you and thus not affiliated with Mutools in any way.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Thanks for the reply - and sorry i have not been online for a while. The distortion takes the form of a crackling sound that comes and goes. I have turned down the master fader and it is still happening. I have loaded v3.00 on a few machines to test it and this problem is common to all of them - but not all the time. Do you think it might be particular sounds or combinations that the processor is struggling to cope with?

Cheers

Peter

jens wrote:I guess you need to give a bit more info.

'distortion on playback' is a bit vague - in any case it must either be the case that you're doing something wrong or there's a problem with your hardware/driver since there is no inherent distortion in Mu.lab 's summing engine.

- What kind of distortion is it?

- when does it appear?

- could you post a file which shows the distortion you are reffering to?

My first wild guess is that you're clipping the master. If that is really then case then you only need to turn down the master fader to solve the problem. :-)

Oh, and just to make sure:

I'm only a user just like you and thus not affiliated with Mutools in any way.

Flugaone wrote:Thanks for the reply - and sorry i have not been online for a while. The distortion takes the form of a crackling sound that comes and goes. I have turned down the master fader and it is still happening. I have loaded v3.00 on a few machines to test it and this problem is common to all of them - but not all the time. Do you think it might be particular sounds or combinations that the processor is struggling to cope with?
What is the CPU meter saying?

(Info on the CPU meter: http://www.mutools.com/mulab/docs/transport.html )

Return to “MUTOOLS”