Choose target Module for track or subtrack?

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I like to choose a target for automation by default to a subtrack in the composerscreen
So when you now automate a knob from mysynth in the composerscreen .. the automation is now placed on a new track under the mysynthtrack
I like to see this chanced .. the automation data is placed on a sub track from the mysynthtrack

There is no need to use the normal tracks for automation!..use subtracks

A song with the automationlanes on the sub tracks ( what can be enfold in/ out )looks organized

Only the tracks with midi data /audio are visible
If someone is interested to see the automation data than he can go to the subtracks.

janamdo wrote:I like to choose a target for automation by default to a subtrack in the composerscreen
So when you now automate a knob from mysynth in the composerscreen .. the automation is now placed on a new track under the mysynthtrack
I like to see this chanced .. the automation data is placed on a sub track from the mysynthtrack

There is no need to use the normal tracks for automation!..use subtracks

A song with the automationlanes on the sub tracks ( what can be enfold in/ out )looks organized

Only the tracks with midi data /audio are visible
If someone is interested to see the automation data than he can go to the subtracks.
Yes, I know what you mean.

By pure coincidence, I did exactly that, earlier today.

On the face of it, I was working with about 4 or 5 tracks - but each of them had one or more sub-tracks, for example a track named Brass (but with no events) as a 'container' for a couple of subtracks for instruments like Trumpet, Trombone, etc.

Later, I recorded an automation track to go with the Trumpet sequence.
Then - where to put it, for 'tidiness' ? Well, I could have made it a further subtrack of the 'Brass' track, but in fact I added it as a subtrack of the 'Trumpet subtrack' if you see what I mean (ie nested subtracks !). If desired, I could do someting similar with the Trombone subtrack, etc.

To someone else, my automation tacks would appear to be well hidden - but of course I know exactly where to find them !

It would be interesting to know whether the idea of having 'automation defaulting to a subtrack' would be possible. If not, I guess it's fairly easy to just create the empty subtrack, and then move the automation sequence onto it.

(I'm offline now, until Monday evening).

Les J.

Return to “MUTOOLS”