MU.LAB: What's next

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

liquidsound wrote:As of now, the current version of MuLab has enough tools to manage my music needs at a comfortable level.
I can easily wait for a robust upgrade since I'm doing OK as it is.
Yet, the more the better... 8)
Same here -- I don't really find anything within the existing scheme of things specifically limiting. I can wait patiently. :)

jo, im sorry im not being impatient

i think you know what needs to happen next. i vote for a few simple workflow improvements and standardizations, and maybe a nice step sequencer/arpegiator... with all kinds of nice midi interactivity etc.

you saw my suggestion thread? those are the things i think mu.lab needs, along with whatever youre already doing. ill just stay out of it.

you did make it sound like someone else was coding, so i was curious.

mutools wrote:What would be the best way to go, in your opinion?
As a beginner I'm still using a (pretty good) V3.2.3, so I can wait for V4.
I'm still using the free version, and I would buy a V4, but not a V3.5 ... :wink:

Reincke wrote:and I would buy a V4, but not a V3.5 ... :wink:
:?:
I first bought M2.7 and never been so happy with a DAW before... then the situation kept going better ;)

I like to add a wish to the Mega-List.

I always thought that z3ta+ had a very cool way to navigate the presets:

LMB = Previous
RMB = Next

but since you have those clicks already implemented, I though of another synth:
the Sylenth1 latest beta.

It uses the mouse wheel to navigate the presets.
Just position the cursor over the preset name and by using the wheel [EDIT: scrolling not pressing] you can go Previous and Next very quickly. No need to go over buttons or long presets list.
What a pleasure! :love:

Well, there it is....
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Hello Jo and all,

I have been offline for a while doing music stuff, but this has made me break radio silence.

V4 or an earlier released V3.5 now there is a question.

Well I am using 3.2.3 for all my music now and it has been 100% rock solid.

Right, I for one am not bothered about the multicore support but I am sure plenty are.

I can see multicore as being one big headache to implement into MU.LAB but given time it would be possible.

So what additional features would V3.5 give the current MU.LAB user?

Would it be possible to release a version of MU.LAB with all the new features and then later next year work on V3.5.x exclusively to add multicore creating V4?

I am just thinking out aloud.

Well to put it another way what would be the rough feature spec of V3.5 compared to V4 and approx ETA of both (release of test version).

OZ
:)

i dont think jo is releasing that info yet.

Hello > DiGiT <,

My questions are more rhetorical in nature. They are more like food for thought.

I was not expecting Jo to answer these.

OZ

maybe a discussion forum isnt a great place to 'think aloud'? someone might not be able to deduce from your 'tone' that the questions are rhetorical? :?

And maybe it is.

You are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine.

OZ

then will you indicate when its appropriate to respond to your thoughts? i dont wanna state the obvious and offend you. :(

You can comment whenever you like it is a free world.

I will not be offended by anything you say.

Go for it.

OZ

do you mind if i ask you to tell me about 'theguysanidiot'? who is an idiot exactly? im not sure i understand.

It is my band name.

Me = idiot.

What has that got to do with the MU.LAB forum topic?

OZ

Anyway, I am on UK timezone and have to go to bed now.

We can pick this topic up tomorrow assuming you are leading somewhere with it.

Or are you just trying to say I am an idiot, if so I have beat you to it.

OZ

:D

Return to “MUTOOLS”