New Template?

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi All,

Some time ago I remember there being a way to create a custom session, give it a name like "New" put it somewhere in the MULAB folders and then when you click on "New Session" in the menu your settings where there again a bit like a template.

Does this still work and if so what does the session need to be called and where do I put it.

Sorry, me being a bit thick today.

OZ

New.MuSession in Mulab/User/Library/MuSession

In fact it is New.MuSession in {UserLibrary}/MuSession where {UserLibrary} is the path to your MU.LAB user library folder. By default that is Mulab/User/Library/ but you can overwrite the default via UserLibraryFolderPath=... in PreferredFilesAndFolders.Txt

mutools wrote:New.MuSession in Mulab/User/Library/MuSession

In fact it is New.MuSession in {UserLibrary}/MuSession where {UserLibrary} is the path to your MU.LAB user library folder. By default that is Mulab/User/Library/ but you can overwrite the default via UserLibraryFolderPath=... in PreferredFilesAndFolders.Txt
Wouldn't it be better if you set up a download package completed with the New.MuSession file in that folder so that a new user needs not to guess this process? I still get taken by it every update some how :oops:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

If you don't know it would be there in that folder you also won't be looking for it there, imho. So i doubt it would be informational.

General note: If something is not clear, then please check the docs for
an answer or post a question here on the forum :)

FYI: The New.Musession thing is mentioned in the docs.

Yes... the Docs, but a MuSession folder at least, since is going to be created for sure.
A "directory" that is part of a system of actions (as in the "New" template) should be there at the moment of installation imho... if it's intended by the developer as explained in the Docs. :shrug:

Point taken.

In the next package, the default Mulab/User/Library folder contains a MuSession subfolder :)

mutools wrote:Point taken.

In the next package, the default Mulab/User/Library folder contains a MuSession subfolder :)
:hail:

Oops yet again!

I forgot that the docs are now searchable with the google thingy.

All works OK.

OZ

(OZ goes to the bottom of the class)

TheGuysanIdiot wrote:I forgot that the docs are now searchable with the google thingy.
A little trick I use all the time - you can search any Web site straight from Google by restricting the search to that site, e.g. in a regular Google search: new musession site:mutools.com. It works well on mutools - I didn't even know the site had its own search tool.

Return to “MUTOOLS”