Does it support Dual Core and 64 bit plugs?

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I love MULAB but cannot determine if it supports the above?

Can anybody please confirm?

Thanks

OK got my answer on a recent post.

Thanks!!!

Why is 64 bit plugs so important?

For now, i think most 64 bit plugs also exist as 32 bit plugs, for another year, or two.

Right?

mutools wrote:Why is 64 bit plugs so important?

For now, i think most 64 bit plugs also exist as 32 bit plugs, for another year, or two.

Right?
It's quite simple...

Most manufactories have told, that you win about 30% more performance by using 64bit plugins in Win7 64 in a 64 bit host...

People always can't live any longer without getting this extra performance, so they cry for it...

On the other side they are told, that using bridges cost extra CPU and latency, so this is no workaround for them...

Using a 32 bit host in Win 7 64 is as well no workaround for them...it could be they are using more audio than 4 gigs in one project and it could be that they want to use plugins, that need more RAM than 4 gigs in a single instance...

And back to point 1: To gain this extra performance you have to use a pure 64bit host with pure 64bit plugins...and so the match has started... :roll:

I personally never used such an amount of Ram in an single project...no, not even with plugins like Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Kontakt or Superior Drummer...they all have clever options to keep Ram and CPU in an available amount, but you have to know your tools...so I don't care...Multiprocessor support is much more needed...

Trancit

Trancit wrote:Most manufactories have told, that you win about 30% more performance by using 64bit plugins in Win7 64 in a 64 bit host...

People always can't live any longer without getting this extra performance, so they cry for it...
Quite - it's today's new shiny thing to play with...

Does a 64 bit CPU with a 64 bit OS, a 64 bit host and 64 bit plugins make me a better musician?

The law of diminishing returns does apply to computer power. You do not get double the benefit from double the performance. There comes a point where an individual can accept that they are no longer restricted by their tools and more by their creativity.

Or they can pursue today's new shiny thing...

:)

Trancit wrote:

Right?
It's quite simple...

Most manufactories have told, that you win about 30% more performance by using 64bit plugins in Win7 64 in a 64 bit host...
30%? Doesn't sound right to me. I thought having more than 4gb of memory to address was the only real benefit?

robenestobenz wrote:
Trancit wrote:

Right?
It's quite simple...

30%? Doesn't sound right to me. I thought having more than 4gb of memory to address was the only real benefit?
All things considered the ability to use more than 4GB of memory is the net gain to be had from x64. 30% more efficient floating point calculations sounds very suspicious, probably some very special corner case that doesn't matter in the overall scheme of things.

Xenakios wrote:
robenestobenz wrote:
Trancit wrote:

Right?
It's quite simple...

All things considered the ability to use more than 4GB of memory is the net gain to be had from x64. 30% more efficient floating point calculations sounds very suspicious, probably some very special corner case that doesn't matter in the overall scheme of things.
how significant is 30%?
:?

vinpizza wrote:
Xenakios wrote:
robenestobenz wrote:
Trancit wrote:

Right?
It's quite simple...

how significant is 30%?
'bout 30% significant. . . .
To Hear Original Instrumental "Progtronic Rock" Music, go to:

https://open.spotify.com/album/0rPidJwBYGmKZFUV4joAKN

vinpizza wrote:
Xenakios wrote:30% more efficient floating point calculations sounds very suspicious, probably some very special corner case that doesn't matter in the overall scheme of things.
how significant is 30%?
What does "very special corner case" mean to you? For me it means there might be 1 case in 100 where the 30% enhancement actually comes to effect, the 99 other cases offering no or very little enhancement. People have even mentioned x64 may perform worse (in some cases) than x86 because of CPU cache issues and so on.

I've read something like this in the Synapse Orion forums as Orion turned to 64 bit...the developer told something about 30-40% less CPU use with the new 64bit versions...

Trancit

Return to “MUTOOLS”