Tracks and Subtracks...

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

How do you use subtracks in the UL version???

I personally use them to group things together as a foldertrack...usually for drums and what I noticed, that it would be nice to have some visual feedback, if the track doesn't contain any parts or data but the included subtracks...

Otherwise by "closing the folder", there is nothing left to see if and where there are any parts or other data...
I mean, what sense makes the possibility to fold subtracks up, if not as a folder and in this case I would like to see, if there is something inside, wouldn't I???
I understand, that there could be many situations, where this is not wanted, so perhaps it could be an option for each track seperate, if "ghost" parts/data is shown or not...

What do you think???

Trancit

Trancit wrote:How do you use subtracks in the UL version???

I personally use them to group things together as a foldertrack...usually for drums and what I noticed, that it would be nice to have some visual feedback, if the track doesn't contain any parts or data but the included subtracks...

Otherwise by "closing the folder", there is nothing left to see if and where there are any parts or other data...
I mean, what sense makes the possibility to fold subtracks up, if not as a folder and in this case I would like to see, if there is something inside, wouldn't I???
I understand, that there could be many situations, where this is not wanted, so perhaps it could be an option for each track seperate, if "ghost" parts/data is shown or not...

What do you think???

Trancit
Look at the enclosed songexamples in MUlab or download ..http://www.mutools.com/mulab-demo-sessions.html

Some songs use subtracks for automation data
On this way the composerscreen is better organized by the use of subtracks
Every track has now its own automation data

If you find a empty subtrack you could delete this
But if you unfold the subtrack(s) ( + /- )under the maintrack(s) there is always to see automation data

But a another use of a subtrack is maybe note data too ?

janamdo wrote:But a another use of a subtrack is maybe note data too ?
I did it for adding notes and comments to Sessions
but I think is just a quick fix to a future "Notes Implementation".
https://www.box.net/shared/h0cdmf2kp8
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Return to “MUTOOLS”