Exporting Midi sequences

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have been exporting Midi sequences from Mulab e.g. 1, 2, 4 bar drum patterns just so that I can load them into Cakewalk's Session Drummer 2 plugin as patterns. This process works as long as the Mulab sequence starts at bar 1. If I try to export a 1 bar sequence that begins at bar 3, I will get an exported midi file that contains 3 bars - the first two are blank.

I think the Export function should only include the sequence that is visible (highlighted) to make it easier to create midi clips.

Also noted is that exported midi sequences from Mulab are terminated at the end of the last note. I think it would be preferable to end the exported sequence at the end of the current bar. This provides a much cleaner handling of midi clips.

FYI ... Session Drummer plugin provides for up to 8 patterns for each program. One nice feature is that existing patterns, that are loaded into Session Drummer 2, can be dragged and dropped onto any Mulab track. This makes it easy to create drum tracks from presets in Session Drummer. The reverse is not true - e.g. Mulab midi sequences cannot be dragged and dropped into Session Drummer patterns.

interesting!

jpumphandle wrote:I think the Export function should only include the sequence that is visible (highlighted) to make it easier to create midi clips.
Here:
http://www.mutools.com/mulab/docs/main-menu.html

It is possible to export ONLY selected Parts.
AND/OR
If you mute a Part, it is not exported.

This give you a lot of flexibility.

Most of the programs export midi events not Parts as far as I understand.
I don't think that this kind of data is part of the MIDI export protocol.
That's my guess.
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Liquidsound ....
Yes, I am enjoying the flexibility of only exporting selected parts.

My point is that all exports must begin on bar 1. If a sequence begins on a later bar, it is exported with blank bars as if the part begins at bar 1. This is inconvenient when exporting sequences to be used later as drum clips.

When importing a midi sequence, you can choose which composition, track and Bar position, but when exporting, it all starts at bar 1.

Also I would prefer midi sequences (treated as clips) to begin and end on a bar boundary. They can always be moved later in time if necessary, but the vast majority of sequences are bar oriented.

Thanks for your feedback jpumphandle.

I see what you mean and have added a couple of notes on the wishlist. Will do my best to finetune this in M4.

jpumphandle wrote:Liquidsound ....
Yes, I am enjoying the flexibility of only exporting selected parts.

My point is that all exports must begin on bar 1. If a sequence begins on a later bar, it is exported with blank bars as if the part begins at bar 1. This is inconvenient when exporting sequences to be used later as drum clips.

When importing a midi sequence, you can choose which composition, track and Bar position, but when exporting, it all starts at bar 1.

Also I would prefer midi sequences (treated as clips) to begin and end on a bar boundary. They can always be moved later in time if necessary, but the vast majority of sequences are bar oriented.
gotch you :wink:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Return to “MUTOOLS”