New website preview

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The MuTools website has been redesigned.

Preview: http://www.mutools.com/newsite/

Please feedback your thoughts and suggestions :)

Main page
Please do NOT put a live twitter feed on your site... Personally, I think it devalues any comments. If they're worth saying, put a proper update on the site. :) However, having the news feed as an RSS or ATOM feed might be useful to people. (Yes, yes, I'm one of those anti-Twitter people... :hihi:)

I like the MU4 progress bar - without any exact numeric value, very in keeping with the philosophy! ;) You're left to wonder what the fill rate curve looks like... linear, log, exponential..?

Products
It's not as clear as it could be that the MuLab and MuVerb strings are tabs that should be clicked to switch pages. Some styling to indicate a selected tab might make that clearer. (Applies to the other pages with tabs but I'd got the idea by then.)

Downloads
This needs more work - it's not clear what's going on. There's stuff off the bottom of the screen with no navigation leading to it. Possibly use inset panels to bring the lower ones up on the right hand side?

Bio & Refs
Sorry, for this page especially, if you're going to self-promote, get the English spotlessly correct. Also, on my monitor, it's a bit too busy with the horizontal break headers (1980s, 1990s, etc).

Overall
Given the emphasis on splitting MuLab and MuVerb, maybe the whole site should be in two halves: one exclusively for MuLab, one dedicated to MuVerb, with the MuLab site having the sub-tabs. (The MuVerb site doesn't need much more than one page yet.)

Positively, I like the styling in general and the fact it spreads properly across my wide screen, shrinking down to what's probably an okay minimum width without problem, too.

Thanks a lot for your detailed feedback pljones!

Some replies:
pljones wrote:Products
It's not as clear as it could be that the MuLab and MuVerb strings are tabs that should be clicked to switch pages. Some styling to indicate a selected tab might make that clearer. (Applies to the other pages with tabs but I'd got the idea by then.)
Well in fact the site has also been designed for more products to come but i left them out as not yet relevant at this very moment. But just to give you a better feel of the 'complete' site, i've enabled the other product buttons. Please reload the preview site and you'll see what i mean. It is a clear structure like that, is it?
Downloads
This needs more work - it's not clear what's going on. There's stuff off the bottom of the screen with no navigation leading to it. Possibly use inset panels to bring the lower ones up on the right hand side?
Yes, to be improved.
Bio & Refs
Sorry, for this page especially, if you're going to self-promote, get the English spotlessly correct. Also, on my monitor, it's a bit too busy with the horizontal break headers (1980s, 1990s, etc).
Removed the date lines and spell-checked the text.

Looks good and pleasant. Nothing annoying that I noticed.

Is the player freeware? It does the job.

january :dog:

Musical Gym wrote:Looks good and pleasant. Nothing annoying that I noticed.

Is the player freeware? It does the job.
Yes: Audio player: Copyright (c) 2008 Martin Laine - wpaudioplayer.com :)

miquelmatas wrote:january :dog:
huh? what do you mean?

Flash MP3 player doesn't run on my IE9

mutools wrote:
huh? what do you mean?
The webpage says januari.

miquelmatas wrote:Flash MP3 player doesn't run on my IE9
Will check on other browsers as i find them on the way.
Until now everything renders fine on IE8, Firefox, Safari.

miquelmatas wrote:
mutools wrote:
huh? what do you mean?
The webpage says januari.
I can only find 'januari's at the bottom of the News section, where they're correct. Do you see something wrong somewhere?

I like it. Add something to the menu on the top so that it looks more three dimensional. The whole top section should have a different color, a bit darker, IMO. BTW very nice :tu:

Thanks! Can you pls post a quick screen mockup to demonstrate what you mean. Thx!

Nice looking with IE9 good job.
The mudrum? any info on this future feature?

MuDrum details coming as soon as M4 goes into test, as it's part of M4.
I think it's not good to release info too soon because then the time between the info is there and the time when you can actually play with it may be too long. Still have to do some final tough technical jobs before M4 can go into test. If that takes more time than expected, i'll add some screenshots on the new site so to partly answer your curiosity :)

Return to “MUTOOLS”