old versions of mu.lab

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello everyone!,
first post (and the last?)

First of all, I love MU.LAB and i've been using it since it was called LUNA.
I stopped updating pretty much after MU.LAB 1.1 because i think it was perfect for my purposes. So, is it alright to use old versions of MU.LAB and publish music using them (cause i don't really like how MU.LAB have changed :/)

Keep up the good work guys in the mu labs
Download my latest album!, it's free... Or go to my youtubes

Sure you can publish music with any version of MuLab, even MuLab Free :)

For my curiosity: what has changed in a bad way for you from Luna to MuLab?

mutools wrote:Sure you can publish music with any version of MuLab, even MuLab Free :)

For my curiosity: what has changed in a bad way for you from Luna to MuLab?
Small things like the the rack desk and "main desk" being in one window instead of being in different windows, and the "tool selecting thingy" doesn't show anymore in the lower side of screen or while pressing middle mouse button.

And overall the menus are more complicated and slower to navigate IMO (like quantize for example, in MU.LAB 1.1: right mouse button -> sequence -> quantize notes. in MU.LAB FREE: right mouse button -> sequence -> functions -> quantize :D)

But don't get me wrong, i've just used these old ones so much that i've gotten used to it and doing stuff with new one feels little tacky :), and speaking of tackiness, MU.LAB works little bit slower in my machine for some reason.

Metronome is better in newer versions though...

But hey thanks for making this great software, it's a pleasure to use especially when compared to other music sequencers. These days it's pain in the ass if i need to use "traditional" music sequencers :D lol
Download my latest album!, it's free... Or go to my youtubes

PHILPANDA wrote:Small things like the the rack desk and "main desk" being in one window instead of being in different windows,
Just for your info: In MuLab you can toggle the rack desk so it's in a separate window. So you have the choice.
And overall the menus are more complicated and slower to navigate IMO (like quantize for example, in MU.LAB 1.1: right mouse button -> sequence -> quantize notes. in MU.LAB FREE: right mouse button -> sequence -> functions -> quantize :D)
Just for your info: In MuLab you can assign a keyboard shortcut to any context function. For example: pressing [Q] = Quantize Notes.

Just telling this for your info, not meant as arguing.

I do understand that being used to something is a vital part of feeling comfortable, and that's what it's all about: using tools that feel good :)
But hey thanks for making this great software, it's a pleasure to use especially when compared to other music sequencers. These days it's pain in the ass if i need to use "traditional" music sequencers :D lol
Thanks for your encouraging feedback :)

Return to “MUTOOLS”