M4 Test

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mutools wrote:
Reincke wrote:
MULAB40-ChangeLog.txt wrote:* Ensured support for 1024 x 768 screens.
Is this the minimal system requirement? :(
For 99% I'm working on a netbook with 1024x600.
No problem :)

(and soon even less, as you will see soon)
So what i meant is: See the latest version M4.0.110 with the restyled top panels, you gain a bit of vertical screenspace this way ;)

Autoscrolling seems to turn on and off when I scroll to the right. I have to keep turning it back on. And, how would I make the composition length extend beyond 32? ...does it default to that? Time dialog says 52 but it won't scroll past 32? Geez...

DHR53 wrote:Autoscrolling seems to turn on and off when I scroll to the right. I have to keep turning it back on.
We talked about that already.
Imagine you zoom in on a certain part because you want edit something there, and suddenly oops the autoscroll moves away from what you're doing.

I think it's logical if you scroll/zoom, the auto scrol is disabled until you say it should be on again.
And, how would I make the composition length extend beyond 32? ...does it default to that? Time dialog says 52 but it won't scroll past 32? Geez...
Add an extra part at the end of the dialog.
Yes, MuLab automatically updates the end of the composition based on the end of the last part in that composition.

Well, while writing this, got this idea: also the locators could be taken into account, i.e. the last locator also influences the auto length of a composition.
Added on the wishlist.

O.K. I'm really confused now... So, to create a composition window that displays 55 bars I have to record a sequence beyond 32? Maybe I'm too used to Logic, but If I want to set the right "end marker" and create a composition of say 100 bars, I would set the end marker in the transport bar. Then I can view and or scroll through the length of the composition regardless whether there is anything recorded yet. Your losing me here. I'm used to setting my left and right marker, viewing and scrolling through my composition window regardless of the zoom etc. etc. And setting scroll on, and scrolling... Latest version "time" got tiny too? Sigh...

I have to say I'm with DHR53 on this - it's not easy to get the horizontal space in MULAB comfortably before starting work.

Say I'm trying to write a three minute entry for this month's Music Café. I want to start with the screen three minutes wide. That means I need to be able to zoom and click on the timeline to see how far I've got.

The current method requires that I draw in a part, then extend it until it's long enough. Effectively, I'm using this purely to set the composition length so that I can zoom. It's not a comfortable way to work, really.

Actually I was thinking along similar lines only yesterday (thinking of putting an empty sequence somewhere in the upper 200s to simulate a long project). To be honest I think it's not so inconveniencing - once you save your default project you tend to forget about such workarounds really quickly, but a workaround it is.

Ok i understand, lets finetune this.

Currently, when defining the end of a composition, MuLab takes the end of the last part, and multiplies that by 1.5. With a minimum of 32 bars.

What about this:

When defining the end of a composition, MuLab takes the end of the last part or last locator, and multiplies that by 1.5. With a minimum of 5 minutes.

Say you have a clean composition, and you want a 10 minute empty sheet, then create a locator and edit it's position so it's gets at a proper position.

Would that work ok for you guys?

If not, feel free to propose an alternative.

'Add a Sample Loop':

I'm not sure if the samples should default to alternating loops. Turning off loops altogether did Multisampler a world of good when you did it imo.

Extremely sexy feature btw :hail:

Edit: Just noticing, the 'forward' default when importing to Multisampler is back again. In my opinion this should be changed back to 'no loop' speedily, because it gets to be a real inconvenience when you're importing more than a handful of drum sounds.

I don't like the plain black background, it's to dark. Can you change it by a grey background by default or add the possibility to change it quickly inside the app (not by editing skin files).

mutools wrote:
mutools wrote:
Reincke wrote:
MULAB40-ChangeLog.txt wrote:* Ensured support for 1024 x 768 screens.
Is this the minimal system requirement? :(
For 99% I'm working on a netbook with 1024x600.
No problem :)

(and soon even less, as you will see soon)
So what i meant is: See the latest version M4.0.110 with the restyled top panels, you gain a bit of vertical screenspace this way ;)
Hey, Mulab will be soon ready for the iPAd ;-)

Hmmm... can't we just define the length of a session and be able to scroll it's "entire" length... regardless whether there is any information input yet. Big picture, I love the unique approach of a lot of things in Musys/Mulab which brought me to it at the beginning. And the modularity is awesome. But I have to have a few old conventions to wrap my head around to go boldly forward into a new age! Ha! :)

muzys is an amazing tool with loads of little features I miss too :-(

Another option would be that when we start a new session a dialog pops up to input the starting length for the session, right there at the very beginning in time or bars...
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Return to “MUTOOLS”