M4 Test

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

DHR53 wrote:And, maybe I'm the only one, but screen scrolling should be either on or off. Isn't this necessary to jump to markers with the keyboard? Like I can't jump to the markers without autoscrolling on, right? :?:
Assume you're viewing bars 1-100 with autoscroll on.
Now you want to edit something in bars 20-40.
So you zoom in on those bars.
But when auto scroll is on, you're zooming in will be most probably be interferred by the autoscroll. Is this what you want??

I've finetuned things so that when zooming out, auto scroll is not turned off, as there is no logic for that. See next version.

jazzdoktorn wrote:I might found a bug that will be a disturbance to me...
I have three screens and some times (often) i have to expand mulab composer so it is covering at least two screens.
Often i use the third for the VSTs.
Now i could not expand the composer over the screen limit.
When i choose fullscreen it will cover one screen.
When i click the outer border to drag the composer so that will cover over more than one screen it shrink. I can not expand the composer so that it will cover beyond one screen maximum.
Finetuned in the next version. You should be able to expand the main session window on all screens.

mutools wrote:
janamdo wrote:I like the graphical improvements !! ..the name MULAB ..good! ..promote yourself
For the virtual keyboard is it possible to add a latch function .. so you can hold somenotes as you like.. to form a chord.
Nice idea but i would rather like to ad a Chord Mapper module so that you can put chords on individual keys.
Hey that sounds like a nice idea, especially for people traveling with laptop and without midi keyboard :)
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

DHR53 wrote:
M4.0.111 has a bigger font than M4.0.110.
If it's not big enough, you can always edit the skin!
See Transport.Xml -> PositionDisplay -> Fontsize -> Try a number up to 32.

All numbers tried do NOT increase font size... moves the position but does not increase the font "size" ???

I tried 15, 20 ,30, 45 etc. all the same size but moved all around the window? :?:
Then i assume you're editing the wrong number.

In general: One thing i forgot to mention when editing skin files while Mu is running: you need to trigger the "Reset Graphic Resources" function using a shortcut key. This will reload everything and so you'll see the changes you made without having to restart MuLab.

That said, please note i can't give further support on editing the skin, it's a world apart, sorry.

If you need to restore the skin, reinstall MuLab cfr http://www.mutools.com/mulab/docs/installation.html

liquidsound wrote:Rack Auto Expand/Collapse not working in 4.0.111.
Double-checked it, working well here.
Are you sure "Auto Collapse/Expand" is ON?
To check/edit: Right-click a rack's collapse/expand icon ;)

works here - OSX 10.6.8

Chordmapper: Why don't you guys build one with a MUX. A simple one can be done in half an hour.

How:
- MUX with Event In and Event out.
- for just one chord, connect Event In to Event Out (Note 1); Create a Note Modifier, connect it between Envent In and Out and set the Modifier transpose to e.g. 4 (Note 2); the same with the next Note Modifier (Note 3).
- 12 different chords:
- create a Note Keysplitter an route Event In to it. Every output of the Keysplitter gets a copy of the above chord.
- set to taste. Done.

I don't have any upload space, otherwise i would have done it.

mutools wrote:
DHR53 wrote:
M4.0.111 has a bigger font than M4.0.110.
If it's not big enough, you can always edit the skin!
See Transport.Xml -> PositionDisplay -> Fontsize -> Try a number up to 32.

All numbers tried do NOT increase font size... moves the position but does not increase the font "size" ???

I tried 15, 20 ,30, 45 etc. all the same size but moved all around the window? :?:
Then i assume you're editing the wrong number.

In general: One thing i forgot to mention when editing skin files while Mu is running: you need to trigger the "Reset Graphic Resources" function using a shortcut key. This will reload everything and so you'll see the changes you made without having to restart MuLab.

That said, please note i can't give further support on editing the skin, it's a world apart, sorry.

If you need to restore the skin, reinstall MuLab cfr http://www.mutools.com/mulab/docs/installation.html
I made the changes while it wasn't running... then launched to check.

pic of xml file...

mutools wrote:
DHR53 wrote:And, maybe I'm the only one, but screen scrolling should be either on or off. Isn't this necessary to jump to markers with the keyboard? Like I can't jump to the markers without autoscrolling on, right? :?:
Assume you're viewing bars 1-100 with autoscroll on.
Now you want to edit something in bars 20-40.
So you zoom in on those bars.
But when auto scroll is on, you're zooming in will be most probably be interferred by the autoscroll. Is this what you want??

I've finetuned things so that when zooming out, auto scroll is not turned off, as there is no logic for that. See next version.
O.K. my composition is 100 bars. I'm zoomed in to show 20 bars. I've placed markers every 20 bars. I can either:

1. Use my mouse to scroll through the composition rendering the markers meaningless...

2. Turn on autoscroll which lets me use the arrow keys to go left or right through the markers... but if I use the mouse, (to adjust left or right) or change the screen zoom... autoscroll turns off again.

I see how this is working, i.e. the autoscroll is tied to zoom or view I guess. But it doesn't work that way in any other DAW I've used, and I've used em' all. Scrolling is a global setting that applies to any view composition or editor. Especially an edit window as you might be zoomed in to look at a particular passage but want to see the remaining part of the bar/measure as it plays back. I have a cmnd. key set for scrolling so I can just turn it on and off, but it sems a little strange to keep doing that over and over.

O.K. that's it... I'm off that topic now! :help:

mutools wrote:
liquidsound wrote:Rack Auto Expand/Collapse not working in 4.0.111.
Double-checked it, working well here.
Are you sure "Auto Collapse/Expand" is ON?
To check/edit: Right-click a rack's collapse/expand icon ;)
I need to stop working overtime :zzz: I was clicking on the little + signs rather then the Rack title space.... :oops:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

DHR53 wrote: pic of xml file...

Are you sure that you are using the latest version?
My TransportPanel.xml looks very different.
And editing works (changed size of Absolute Timing)

</ForwardButton>
<PositionDisplay>
<Position>233,8</Position>
<Size>70,24</Size>
<Loox>
<Type>Format</Type>
<Name>TransportPanelDisplay</Name>
</Loox>
<HorAlign>Right</HorAlign>
<Font>
<Name>DigitalDisplay</Name>
<Size>Auto</Size>
</Font>
</PositionDisplay>
<AbsoluteTimeDisplay>
<Position>309,5</Position>
<Size>70,28</Size>
<Loox>
<Type>Format</Type>
<Name>TransportPanelDisplay</Name>
</Loox>
<HorAlign>Right</HorAlign>
<Font>
<Name>DigitalDisplay</Name>
<Size>Auto</Size>
</Font>
</AbsoluteTimeDisplay>

Hmmm... I've been replacing the app icon not all the resources... maybe that's the problem? :?:

I would say so.
If Jo puts a full package for download, you have to replace the entire APP folder as well!

I didn't want to lose my settings, so I didn't want to drag the whole folder in there. Doesn't seem to be a way to do that other than to copy all my stuff and put it in the folders... :?:

DHR53 wrote:I didn't want to lose my settings, so I didn't want to drag the whole folder in there. Doesn't seem to be a way to do that other than to copy all my stuff and put it in the folders... :?:
I always copy/overwrite everything except the "user" folder. That's where the user settings are stored in. Works like a charm :)
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Return to “MUTOOLS”