Pressing the keys on my midi but nothing comes out

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Gosh just when thought things would be easy.. they are not. I am trying to make some beats on mutools but no sound comes out when i press the keys on my midi keyboard. Also, I tried drawing in the notes with the pencil but it doesnt let me draw anything. :(

semendo wrote:Gosh just when thought things would be easy.. they are not. I am trying to make some beats on mutools but no sound comes out when i press the keys on my midi keyboard. Also, I tried drawing in the notes with the pencil but it doesnt let me draw anything. :(
Double click or control click to draw in notes. Re. no sound, have you loaded up an instrument like a sampler module or vst plugin in any of the racks? MIDI is only an instruction to make sound, it doesn't encode any sound itself.

Once you have got a rack with an instrument in it, just click on the outer body of the rack (eg the title text) to focus it for MIDI input. You should now get sound from the module when you play your MIDI controller.

if you're wondering about any of the terminology, check the docs here: http://www.mutools.com/mulab/docs/index.html

Hope that gets you some joy!

semendo wrote:Gosh just when thought things would be easy.. they are not. I am trying to make some beats on mutools but no sound comes out when i press the keys on my midi keyboard. Also, I tried drawing in the notes with the pencil but it doesnt let me draw anything. :(
Have a look at the tutorial. This may give you some hints as to what to do to get some sound going.

Return to “MUTOOLS”