Automap v4 and Mu-Lab

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sorry for the delayed answers, have been ill for about a week and must have missed this post.
sadhakayuj wrote:I'll be waiting till after Xmas though. Have you set a price for v4 yet Jo?
This will be published as soon as MuLab 4 is pre-released.
Hopefully that's pretty soon now.
How does Muzys and Mu-Lab save controller mappings for VST's? Are they saved into the project files? Or as seperate files?
They're saved in the session file.
Mu-Lab v3 wouldn't recognise a VSTi until I placed it in Mu-Lab's folder?
Not true.

MuLab can use any VST on your system.
Once you've used a VST for the first time, MuLab will remember it and show it in the popup list wherever you can insert VSTs.

For new VSTs that you did not yet use in MuLab you can:

-> Use the "Browse For VST Plugin" option in the popup list
-> Drag-drop the DLL onto MuLab (eg rack slot)
-> Use MuLab's VST Plugin Manager -> Add Plugins
When updating Mu-Lab I imagine it's just the Mu-Lab.exe and the App Folder that need updating? The User Folder can be left alone?
There are two types of updates:

1) Full package update, so you need to install the whole zip file.
In this case you can copy your User folder to the new MuLab folder in order to keep your settings. Do this before running MuLab.

2) Application patch update, which is updating the exe/app file only.
In this case your user settings are preserved automatically.

It depends from update to update what type of update is used.

Hope this answers your question.

On Windows 7, if the app folder is properly protected (i.e. not generally writeable), user settings aren't stored there - they go in a folder in the user's profile. Windows 7 "ghosts" this over where the app expects to read from. This makes updating the app a lot easier, as you don't have to fish out your settings.

Thank you for your replies. I hope you feel better soon Jo :-)

May I just say regarding adding vsts, I used the browser function and attempted to add a vst several times but it refused to be added to the vst list until I placed it in Mu-Labs root folder?

Do vsts need to be loaded into a rack slot to save any controller mappings?

Thanks

Scott

sadhakayuj wrote:Thank you for your replies. I hope you feel better soon Jo :-)

May I just say regarding adding vsts, I used the browser function and attempted to add a vst several times but it refused to be added to the vst list until I placed it in Mu-Labs root folder?
That's strange. It should make no difference.
Do vsts need to be loaded into a rack slot to save any controller mappings?
Not necessarily in a rack, no.

As soon as the VST is saved, eg in a MuSession file or in a MUX patch file, then its MIDI controller mappings are saved too.

oops wrong thread

I'm just wondering how controller mappings are saved and if they can be used across sessions. Basically if I create session 1 with a vst and setup the Impulse save session and start a new session 2, do I have to reassigned these mappings?

sadhakayuj wrote:I'm just wondering how controller mappings are saved and if they can be used across sessions. Basically if I create session 1 with a vst and setup the Impulse save session and start a new session 2, do I have to reassigned these mappings?
Currently yes.
I do see your point and have added a note on the wishlist about this.
I think it's too late to get this in MuLab 4.0 though. (will check)

nice one thanks Jo. be great if you could add this to v4 even if its an update as I wouldn't want to put off v4 release.

just a thought but would it be possible create a settings file for each vsts controller map? these could be saved either in the vsts containing folder or in Mu-Labs User folder. Personally I'd prefer the latter but if its possible the best way would be to enable the user to choose a folder.

I've been working a bit more on this and i see how to give you more options here. As a first step i want to make sure you can Open, Save, Copy and Paste MIDI controller maps. That would be a nice step forward already for you will be able to make templates and reuse them.

Unfortunately there is no time anymore to implement this in MuLab 4.0 in a quality way. It's on the wishlist, now in higher detail already.

You can help speeding up MuLab development by making MuLab more known! Really. Please tell people about MuLab as much as possible! 8) :tu:

YES!!! Thank you for adding it in. This almost makes automap a waste of time! Is there any chance this feature could make it as a future update in v4?

I can't put a timing on it, but will do my best.

sorry I wasn't expecting anything concrete. your answer is what I expected and is great thanks. is there a lot of work involved in this?

Medium.

sadhakayuj wrote:Have you set a price for v4 yet Jo?
Yes: It's the same price as MuLab 3.

Good news: Until 15 january, buying a MuLab 4 UL User License also gives you a free upgrade ticket to the next MuLab 5 UL!

MuLab 4 UL User Licenses are available in the MuTools shop.

Return to “MUTOOLS”