Manage VST's suggestions...

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've just added all my plugins, around 200. I want to sort them by adding categories, fantastic feature that btw!

I wondered if you could add an option to sort by columns? i.e. click on a particular column to sort by that column. I wanted to sort by type so synth and fx were seperate as it would be easier to see what's what.

A rename option for categories would be useful too!

Also, add options for remove disabled, check boxes to allow selection of several VSTs at once instead of delete one by one. Which also means adding further options for Select all, Reverse selection, Select disabled, erm... think that's it! :-)

Actually, where applicable, I think these should apply throughout all Mu-Labs file browsers.

Btw Jo, are Vst renamable via the xml file??? If not, would be nice too... some Vst's have and idotic name by default...

You could try renaming the DLL.
Or if that's not working, then you can always rename the plugged instance in your session!

I renamed all my VST's just for Mu-Lab that's 168 in all! Though some don't like being renamed as Mu-Lab doesn't recognise them as VST's anymore? These are mostly the ones Supplied from Computer Music Magazine.

Two won't work at all from CMM, these are:
CM Vocoder
Dirty Panda Drum Box CM

Is this to do with the VST's themselves or Mu-Lab fault?

Is there any chance of column sorting?

sl23 wrote:I renamed all my VST's just for Mu-Lab that's 168 in all!
Oooops, i'm not sure if that's a good idea :?
I suggested renaming 1 or 2 or so, but not all.
Renaming the DLL may not be supported by the plugin.
I thought i said that, but maybe i was not clear enough.
Though some don't like being renamed as Mu-Lab doesn't recognise them as VST's anymore? These are mostly the ones Supplied from Computer Music Magazine.
Two won't work at all from CMM, these are:
CM Vocoder
Dirty Panda Drum Box CM
Is this to do with the VST's themselves or Mu-Lab fault?
The VSTs. I hope you backed up things...
Backing up is a standard good thing.
Is there any chance of column sorting?
Yes. Can't give a timing on it though, sorry.

oh sh*t! lucky I copied my muzyz folder over insted of moving it eh!

I did check every one that I renamed in TobyBears MiniHost and they seemed fine except some from CMM. So I didn't change them. As far as I remember the two above-mentioned have their original names but still mulab won't recognise them as plugins?

No problem wrt column sorting just be good to see it added :-) so thanks

oh btw I'd already renamed them a week ago so didn't realise it wouldve been a problem.

This seems to me the solution of the plugin management issue
http://www.agitatedstate.com/
Mulab is not on the list for supported DAW..so you can try it.

thanks but its pretty much sorted now just like to be able to use those two that don't work! I'll try reinstalling them first see if that helps.

I contacted Agitated State software..
Hi Jan,

32 bit only from what I've seen.

>Does Menumagic work with MULAB DAW ?

No. Or at least not currently.

Is it possible for MenuMagic to support MuLab? Yes. The question is to what degree.

With the MuLab Free the only thing I would be able to do is to allow you to select which 8 VST plug-ins appear in MuLab's database.

I don't have enough information to know what I could do for the UL version - from what I saw on the forum there are features with the VST support, such as Categories, that are missing in the free version.

With the Windows version adding MuLab support would not be major endeavor - most of the needed changes are already planned for the upcoming MenuMagic v2.

With the MAC it would take a bit longer because we are just starting to expand into supporting the MAC, but should still be doable.

The bottom line is resources - we're a small company. If I have to purchase UL to determine if supporting MuLab is worth the time & effort then it becomes a low priority.

Best regards,

Steven

Agitated State
I think the only possibility to get this "menumagic"vst plugin manager possible working in Mulab is that the developer gets a Mulab UL version ( that is what he wants, but it seems to me that a free version can do also the job for him?)

Return to “MUTOOLS”