MuLab 4 Released

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Proud and happy to finally release MuLab 4!

MuLab 4 Highlights:
  • Next Generation Modular Sound System.
  • Advanced Integration Between Composer And Sound Engine.
  • New MuSynth Workhorse Synth/Sampler.
  • New Hybrid MuDrum Module.
  • Extended Library & Enhanced Preset File Management.
  • Versatile Drum Loop Slicing And Recycling.
  • Parameter Automation Parts.
  • Multi-Session Support.
  • Template Sessions.
  • Streamlined User Interface And Workflow.
  • MP3 Sample Import.
  • Improved VST Support.
  • And Much More!
More details on http://www.mutools.com/mulab-product.html

Enjoy Making Music! 8)

This release version has these changes since M4.0.112:
  • Fixed a super modulator editor issue.
  • Envelope part editor draws slightly different background for played/unplayed region.
  • Envelope part editor also takes last point into account to define editor end point.
  • Fixed a problem with "Select All" in the Event Graph Editor, especially when using event level MIDI channels.
  • Fixed a crash bug in the undo system.
  • Tuned: When dragging a loop section in the timebar, the drag section wasn't clearly visible.
Newest package available on http://www.mutools.com/mulab-downloads.html

Cedar webfolder has been closed.

:band:

Hi I'm just trying this out again (now on Mac)? Is there any way to free draw in the osc panel? It just seems to want to draw lines which makes it a bit fiddly to use. For example the randomise feature makes some lovely curved lines but as soon as touch it with the mouse to make a small change I get a straight line that messes up the entire curve.

edit seems like automation editing has the same problem - I don't want to draw lines
Last edited by aMUSEd on Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

It's finally here :love:

Congratulations Jo, a big step forward :!:

How do I turn off the metronone? I'm trying to record a plugin and it keeps clicking - very annoying - I hate metronomes. I tried just clicking on it so its not lit but it still plays with record on.

aMUSEd wrote:Hi I'm just trying this out again (now on Mac)? Is there any way to free draw in the osc panel? It just seems to want to draw lines which makes it a bit fiddly to use. For example the randomise feature makes some lovely curved lines but as soon as touch it with the mouse to make a small change I get a straight line that messes up the entire curve.
I dont know if it's possible to have a free mouse draw, but what i use often is the lowpass funcion, wich gives very nice and natural curve shapes.

E.g. draw a raw wave with the mouse, and smooth it by aplying lowpass value 5, then experiment with other DSP functions to finetune you wave by rotating it, shrinking edges etc

Hope that helps.

PS: also remember that you can load any single cycle waveform you want directly into the OSC and edit it

There must be a way - it seems to do the same with automation envelopes which makes precise editing very difficult

aMUSEd wrote:How do I turn off the metronone? I'm trying to record a plugin and it keeps clicking - very annoying - I hate metronomes. I tried just clicking on it so its not lit but it still plays with record on.
Click it twice untill it's white color, it shouldnt play now.
If not, you can right click over the metronome and select edit, then lower the volume.

Remember to right click everywhere, it's usually the answer to most of questions

That's what I did but it still played - I eventually went into the bit where it says edit sound and just set it to silent - but I'd like no count in too

The Metronome control has 3 states: OFF, ON Play+Record, ON Record Only
http://www.mutools.com/mulab/docs/transport.html

Thanks - but I had it to the white setting but it still played until I disabled its voice.

Anyway now I'm getting the demo whisper and I only have one VST plugin and one track - thought that was within the free version limits?

aMUSEd wrote:Thanks - but I had it to the white setting but it still played until I disabled its voice.
Weird, it may be a bug or or a problem with the installation. Try to redownload latest version and reinstall.
aMUSEd wrote:Anyway now I'm getting the demo whisper and I only have one VST plugin and one track - thought that was within the free version limits?
here you can see the exact limitations of mulab free http://mutools.com/mulab/docs/mulab-versions.html

Just to be sure, right click on the track you have and ensure that the midi channel is set to a fixed channel (e.g CH1) and not to per part (which causes the upgrade your mulab alert)

I did check the limitations - this is literally one plugin (FM8) in one track, just to test basic things like recording, automation etc. It seems like a time limit as it only started after a few minutes (the minutes it took me to turn off the metronome) but that page doesn't mention such a thing

There's no time limit AFAIK, only thing that comes to my mind is the set midi channel per part, it may be set to that and cause the alert.

Otherwise, i think we need Jo's help on this...

Return to “MUTOOLS”