Skins

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, here is another question:
In version 3 I could download a different skin, which is impotant for me, because I have very bad eye sight and need a brighter and contrasting interface.
Version 4 has a Skin chooser, but I can click on NEXT or PREVIOUS but nothing happens.
Is this choice still to be implemented?

Rob

Currently there only is 1 skin for MuLab 4.
I've taken note that, if there is only 1 skin, the Choose Skin option is not visible.

Whether the other M3 skins will be upgraded to M4 depends on how much people want this, and about how much work will be involved. At this point i've no idea about that yet. But i think multi-core support will get more priority.

+1 for the skin updates :-)

Briefly, if you can, what are the elements that are fixed? I mean not modifiable for a skin design?
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

i think the size and shape of the component images.

liquidsound wrote:Briefly, if you can, what are the elements that are fixed? I mean not modifiable for a skin design?
I don't have that specificly listed. I think 95% is skinnable.

Hey maybe it would be interesting if several skin developers would work together on 1 super skin. That sounds better to me than individual people each working on a separated skin.

I'll also have a look at what it takes to update the M3 skins.

custom skin support is always nice, but i have to say that MuLab has never looked better with the default skin. version 4 looks awesome!

:love:
Bedroom Producers Blog << Free VST Plugins!

i was just gonna say that

Same here!
I used to use a different skin in M3, but for M4 I will stay with the default.
Just one thing I would change is that i love the Cubase style fader knobs.
As the default ones are round, a rectangular fader does not look good in the racks.
If someone is up to the task:
Racks are in LooxPhat/Common/Common/Pictures
- WideRackStandard.Png
- WideRackFocused.Png
- SmallRackStandard.Png
- SmallRackFocused.Png

The fader is in LooxPhat/Common/Common/Formats/VerticalSliderHandle.Png

Hi, it is not that I do not like the default M4 skin. My problem is because of low vision I have troubles seeing grey characters in a dark grey background. Same goes for orange on medium grey.
I need more contrast.
I used a very bright skin in M3 which proved workable.
I sometimes have to use magnifying software to be able to read the text.
Certainly M4 skin makes this necessary, which is a pity.

Rob

I've really been impressed with the new look and skin... It's partly why I've been focused on the app more lately... but that being said, I'd like to do a skin option as I am a graphic designer by trade. I would classify the current skin as "dark" so I guess a different version would be a lighter overall look, or a subtle color variation of "light." I could work on parts, if someone else want to do another section. If you can point me to the skinning faq I'll take a look.

:)

I think the quickest explanation is to copy what's in .../App/Graphics/LooxPhat - the subfolders and files have identifiable names and the .txt files are reasonably self-explanatory. Start tweaking and see what happens :).

I'll check it out...

That's great, guys. If you could create a lighter skin with more contrat that would be wonderful.
White text on a dark background or black characters on a white or light grey background would do miracles for me.
Thanks in advance,

Rob.

robfigee wrote:That's great, guys. If you could create a lighter skin with more contrat that would be wonderful.
White text on a dark background or black characters on a white or light grey background would do miracles for me.
Thanks in advance, Rob.
These links are to three increasingly lighter versions of LooxPhat. This is a "quick fix" running the whole skin through a gamma conversion script. It only affects the graphic elements and not any of the colours specified in the XML files. The files are all larger than the originals but if they are of any use to anyone then I can optimise the file size to match the original skin.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5751102/LooxPhat_1.zip

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5751102/LooxPhat_2.zip

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5751102/LooxPhat_3.zip

I have a few half finished skins for MULAB 3
(eg. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5751102/LooxXstream.png )
and if I can find the time, I may look at updating/completing these or perhaps creating some entirely new skins for MULAB 4. If I do I will certainly look at lighter options.

Unfortunately, I am not really open to collaboratively working on a skin as I have to deal with enough "design by committee" decisions during my daytime job. I am however happy to give advice or help anyone who wants to create a MULAB skin.

Return to “MUTOOLS”