Skins

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

liquidsound wrote:The Logo is nice but would be even better if the name MULAB would show somewhere...
Ah, if it could fade between two elements once every few seconds... ;)
liquidsound wrote:The Ovals are strange because there is nothing there to balance them. They appear only at the bottom in one element. They produce a visual gravity at the bottom of the overall design :wink:
Agreed - I like the ovals in and of themselves... they're just out of context here, it seems.

pljones wrote:Ah, if it could fade between two elements once every few seconds... ;)
Brilliant Idea!
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Thanks for the ideas :)
New draft (I'm starting to like this one very much):

Changed:
- Ovals are gone
- mixer strip
- faders
- round square rack slots

Now some thoughts:
- I will mantain the different colors scheme in panels, tracks and racks for this skin (this is one of looxposh main character);
- I will fine tune racks (mixer strip and fader);
- About the logo and "mulab"...The application window already has the word "mulab"...I do prefer without repeating the name in the same "screen";
- After all is finished I may try to make a looxposh with the same color scheme between panels, racks and tracks (it depends on the spare time): A LIGHT version and a DARK version (this way everyone would be pleased hehe)!

Hope i've answered all the requests/ideas...keep them coming!it's where all the fun is :)
Cheers

So far I agree with all the suggestions too and am liking the new skin alot! Excellent work and thanks for the new skin(s) :-)

Thanks gemada for the fader knobs. Just the way i like them!
Is this just me or might it look better if the faders are "in a goove" (don't know how to say this)? A bit like the original skin.

I know what you mean I thought that myself...

Gemada, this looks wonderful.
It has a bright and friendly outlook. If the default skin is Winter, this certainly is Spring.

Cheers,

Rob

gemada wrote:Thanks for the ideas :)
New draft (I'm starting to like this one very much):

Changed:
- Ovals are gone
- mixer strip
- faders
- round square rack slots

Now some thoughts:
- I will mantain the different colors scheme in panels, tracks and racks for this skin (this is one of looxposh main character);
- I will fine tune racks (mixer strip and fader);
- About the logo and "mulab"...The application window already has the word "mulab"...I do prefer without repeating the name in the same "screen";
- After all is finished I may try to make a looxposh with the same color scheme between panels, racks and tracks (it depends on the spare time): A LIGHT version and a DARK version (this way everyone would be pleased hehe)!

Hope i've answered all the requests/ideas...keep them coming!it's where all the fun is :)
Cheers

This version is very cool. This is a skin I would want to download for myself. :wink:

Looxposh hybrid is almost done...
AndreasD wrote:Thanks gemada for the fader knobs. Just the way i like them!
Is this just me or might it look better if the faders are "in a goove" (don't know how to say this)? A bit like the original skin.
Could you elaborate this?
Cheers

gemada wrote:Looxposh hybrid is almost done...
AndreasD wrote:Thanks gemada for the fader knobs. Just the way i like them!
Could you elaborate this?
Cheers
I try.
If you think this is the real world, in your rack the fader would sit at the same level (height) as the meter. With the M4 skin the fader is recessed, meaning lower than the surface than e.g. the meter.
To me a recessed fader makes it look more "belong" to, compared to "floating" above, the rack.
Am i talking nonsense?

nope, makes sense. but to elaborate...

look at at the fader background from lowest to highest point and its 'lined' where the previous skin had what appeared as a 'groove' or recess which the faders 'knob' was seated in.

it looked much better like that ;-)

thanks

Thanks for clarifying it...I do prefer the version without the groove.

Now, I've changed some things:

-faders;
-meters now have a subtle groove (not the mixer strip);
-some fine tunnings.

This may be a rc1 for looxposh:

As for the groove fader, I may release a B version like this:

If Jo agrees I'll release looxposh RC1 for test :)

Dark version and with (smaller) groove, please please please :pray: :D
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

A screenshot of the racks:

I really liked the white fader knobs, but I still like what I see.

Return to “MUTOOLS”