Skins

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Note that there is only 1 official skin atm that's LooxPhat.
I apologize for not being able to maintain multiple MuLab skins atm.

Gemada could update his MuLab skin by implementing/copying all latest changes in LooxPhat's current version. @Gemada: you can know what's changed in LooxPhat by using a file comparer app that can show you all differences between LooxPhat version X and Y. Hope this helps.

Sorry again that i myself am not able to maintain multiple skins atm. It turned out that skins are too volatile. And time is too spare to update multiple skins all the time. Focusing on MUX VST, multi-core and M5. (which are all interrelated in some way)(not yet developing M5, but i'm collecting interesting ideas and making links between items on the wishlist)

That's ok - I'm happy with the default any way...:)
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

Thank you for this... It is considerably better. So to change the default colours I just have to edit the XML-files?

Indeed theoretically you could edit the relevant xml and txt files, but the practical problem is that if a next MuLab/MUX update comes with a changed skin, then you would have to apply these changes again, or do some file merge management in order to properly merge your changes with the new app changes. It's not recommended. That's why there is only one skin atm. But i'm thinking further on this and have some ideas in mind that at least some colors can be chosen by the user. Those colors would the be stored in the /User/Settings sub-folder and so they would automatically survive app updates.

That sounds like great news! In my opinion it is the dark skins that causes the most problem, like the default skin here on KVR. We are for sure quite a few that really prefers lighter and more colourful skins. In Ableton Live for example I know that skins like "Frost" is really popular and sets Live apart from most other dark DAW:s.

I changed the buttons myself on the last version, to see what they would look like but the graphic itself (border, corner radius and colors) I think need to be redone so I'll do a new version. Just to see what it looks like. Most of the interface looks great, arrange, mux etc. I'd like to experiment with buttons a little though. :idea:

Can you post a picture to give us an example of what mu.lab looks like with the changes you guys have made.

Thanks

I tried gemada's skin again and it doesn't show the reverb GUI in the Mux. Only a quick test so could be further problems?

Return to “MUTOOLS”