Behringer BCF2000 and Mulab 4, Motorfader Question

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If I assign the BCF2000 faders to control the volume of the racks it works fine with the "Midi Control Map" or the direct assignment (left-click on the rack-fader). The same goes to the knobs, the assignment and the control of the vst's works.
But I get no respond information out of Mulab. I want the motor fader slide when I change volume in the software with the mouse, or the led's around the knobs show the current setting of a controller.
Setting:
Windows 7 64 bit
latest Mulab 4 Version
Behringer BCF 2000 connected via USB

Maybe someone have an idea.
Thanks for your help in advance

That's (sadly) not possible atm...

MuLab doesn't send any midi feedback for connected controllers.

I asked for some support a while ago, but I think it's not very high on the todo list... and I personaly think, that's correct...

To be honest, there are much more important features to implement...Midi controller support, or better advanced support would be nice but not really important...

Thanks for the quick response.

I don't want to settle up an useless discussion about how important this or another feature would be, but i really appreciate the response i get from cubase to the bcf2000. Is it really unusual to ask for a function other programms have? (Question has not to be answered):wink:

regards,
nils

nils_holgerson wrote:Thanks for the quick response.

I don't want to settle up an useless discussion about how important this or another feature would be, but i really appreciate the response i get from cubase to the bcf2000. Is it really unusual to ask for a function other programms have? (Question has not to be answered):wink:

regards,
nils
Please, don't misunderstand me, it's not, that I believe, that a function like this isn't important for some users...
Situation is only, that MuLab is a one man show, Jo has to set his priority on what to concentrate on or what to do later...

Most important for him is the upcoming VST/i release of the MUX to enter the VST market, which hopefully will bring him some money...

After this, I think he'll return to work on MuLab 5, which shall bring us all multicore support...

All I write here, is nothing but a good guess based on the last informations I got...

And please do asking for further features, brainstorming has always brought the best results and sorry again for being not clear enough in my response, my fault... :cry: 8)

I would also welcome sending MIDI feedback, or if not some sort of soft takeover so that parameters don't jump. Especially because MuLab allows one-to many and many-to-one MIDI controller assignments. Also MuLab assignmetns are context-sensitive, which means that the function of an assigned knob changes depending on which plugin is focused, and therefore parameters are very likely to jump. So I don't think this is not important. This should be a per-MIDI-device setting so that MIDI feedback is only sent to devices that will actually accept MIDI feedback.

it should be, youre right. but as said many times already, there is only one person behind mulab so nobody gets special consideration unless their request is simple to accomplish... or if they want to pay jo hourly wage.

see this link: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=357048

No problem, all I am saying is that one of the features I need is MIDI feedback. Since MuLab does not have this feature, I use Studio One. MuLab is quite a compelling DAW, so much so that yesterday I was considering buying it, but in the end I bought MUX to use as a plugin in Studio One, at least until MuLab's features can fulfil my needs.

Return to “MUTOOLS”