Fixed: Novation Impulse transport control command problem with MuLab

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

That could be fun with a knob or slider, patching different parts of the scale to different functions, not just on/off :) But it sounds like a great idea to me.

mutools wrote:
Hermu wrote:The Novation Impulse supports MMC and CC, but MuLab support only CC.
after shortcut configuration for "play", MuLab has created the entry
Controller 115,Chan 1 -> "Play/stop"
pressing the play button starts playing, but after the play button is released also playing stops!
playing is only possible, during hold down the play button.
all transport control commands will be executed twice (press 7F and release 00).

is it possible to solve this problem and analyse also the controller values, or will be MMC support implemented in then next MuLab version?
Can't you program the Impulse so that there is only a CC on button down but none on button up?

Parrallel to that: Yes i'm open to improve the MIDI shortcut system. As an initial thought: Lets say we could also indicate a Min+Max for value 2. Then you could define it as

Controller 115 Chan 1
Min Value=127, Max Value=127
Function="Play/stop"

Then in the above case only button down will trigger the function.

How does that sound?
It's not possible to change the transport button CC configuration on Impulse

So, i think it's a good idea to enable a defineable value for shortcuts with 'none' as default value.

Controller 115 Chan 1
Value=none
Function="Play/stop"

which can changed in this case for Impule to

Controller 115 Chan 1
Value=127
Function="Play/stop"

In your proposal with min and max values i think these values should also have an initial value 'none', because not all CC need this values.

I would just default min=0 and max=127 so that CCs that don't need it will work as they work now.

Check out the new MuLab 4.3.14, the new functionality is in there.
See http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=356807

mutools wrote:Check out the new MuLab 4.3.14, the new functionality is in there.
See http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=356807
Great, now all transport CC for Impulse works correct!

I've tested MuLab32 4.3.14 and MuLab64 4.3.14 on Win64 system and configured all transport buttons and set the corresponding Min and Max Values to 127.

Now i can use my Impule without any restrictions.

Thanks, for corrections for Impule transport CC.

Return to “MUTOOLS”