=== MUX Request List ===

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

memyselfandus wrote:Something like the logical editor?
That's already in there: See the Logical Selector and the Sequence Functions, and combine them ;)

mutools wrote:
memyselfandus wrote:Something like the logical editor?
That's already in there: See the Logical Selector and the Sequence Functions, and combine them ;)
Interesting..... :hyper:

anyone know how to auto apply accents with velocity on the down beat or up beats of each bar of midi?

Hello!

This is my wishlist

Comb Filter/Short Delay with key follow (for making simple physical modelling synths). Even better if this would work inside Polysynth.

Device similar to Soma Scanner In Lite http://asseca.com/soma/audio_scanners.html
Useful for wavesequencing sounds.

Fm oscillator with oversampling

Mixer strip's mute controllable with modulation. Low value is mute - large value is on

one more

Envelope follower

ville wrote:one more

Envelope follower
That's already in there, be it in two steps:

Audio To Note Gate -> ADSR

Through to ADSR? Does this work by triggering the ADSR envelope, or extracting the actual envelope of the source signal via LPF a la wiki? That's how the envelope follower plugins I've used work.

I'd try this in MuLab myself, but I'm not at home at the moment.

Yeah sorry it's doing a Audio To Note Gate -> ADSR is not exactly the same as an audio envelope follower, but it's close, it depends on the situation. I've added a wishlist item to add a modulation output to the Audio To Note Gate so it becomes a real audio envelope follower.

Hi everyone, I discovered MUX yesterday and I am very excited. Not only does it sound amazing but it also fills the gaps all DAWs have failed to fill for many years.

I've been using the demo for quite a few hours now and I have some suggestions which I feel would significantly improve the workflow, as follows (most important first):

+ (*) As mentioned before, ability to select multiple items with the mouse, by Ctrl-clicking items, or by a combination of the two.

+ (*) Undo-redo, available via GUI buttons or Ctrl-Z / Ctrl-Y standard keyboard shortcuts.

+ (2012-09-17) Some parameters can only be modified with the mouse. The ability to enter parameter values from the keyboard is useful some times. An option could be added to the parameter context menu ("Map MIDI controller", "Drag parameter", "Enter value") which would bring up a small window where users can type in the desired value, then click OK or Cancel.

+ The "Add Module" contains a great number of modules arranged hierarchically as a tree structure. This is great because it is much more efficient than using a menu-submenu approach. However, each time the Add Module menu is called, the tree is automatically collapsed (all items except MuTools, Vst, Others), so that the Add Module menu looks exactly the same each time it is opened. Some users may like it this way, but I think it would be very useful to have an option to "Remember last view" (e.g. a checkbox at the top of the Add Module menu) which would save a lot of clicking especially when you click the wrong module by accident and you just want to quickly go back and click the module right below it, or simply when you are experimenting with similar adjacent modules.

+ Collapse all / Expand all buttons at the top of the Add Module menu. Note that the Collapse all button should not collapse the top-most items (MuTools, Vst, Others) to prevent pointless additional clicks.

+ Add Module menu can be dragged around the screen. It often blocks the view of the window behind, and some times you need to be able to refer to the stuff behind it in order to decide which module to insert.

+ (2012-09-16) Add Module menu can be pinned so it does not disappear when you click outside of it.

+ (2012-09-16) Add Module menu can be resized with the mouse.

+ A search box at the top of the Add Module menu. The user types "filter" (shouldn't be case-sensitive) and then all items in the Add Module menu containing the string "filter" are automatically navigated to (their respective parents are expanded) and highlighted (e.g. bold font / colour).

+ Keyboard shortcuts. At the moment everything is done by clicking stuff. If possible, it'd be useful for commands such as undo, redo, cut, copy, paste, select all, and possibly invert selection, to be called from the keyboard. Obviously some of these commands are not available yet, even from the GUI, but hopefully they will be added in future releases.

+ Double-clicking the deep editor window titlebar should maximize and restore the window, as in standard Windows windows, otherwise the titlebar wastes space whilst serving no useful purpose.

+ When the deep editor is maximized, clicking the right-most top-most pixel should close the window, as in any standard maximized Windows windows. This way the user simply slides the mouse to the top-right corner of the screen to close the maximized window.

+ Modifier keys (e.g. Alt, Shift, Ctrl) could do more. Ctrl key at the moment changes the mouse pointer to an eraser on a wire or a module, otherwise it turns into a pencil pointer for half a second and immediately afterwards the Add Module menu pops up, so there is no need for pencil pointer.

+ Module pin tooltips don't always work, at least on my system. Some times they don't display at all. Maybe this is more of a bug than a feature request.

+ (2012-09-16) Mouse wheel should zoom vertically first, horizontally when Alt is pressed. The reason is that because module pins are located at the top and bottom of the modules, it is more likely that the patch will grow vertically rather than horizontally, therefore scrolling horizontally first makes makes less sense in my opinion.

+ PDF documentation (at least I couldn't find one).

+ At the moment both the middle button and the right button can both be used for panning the patch area. Perhaps the middle button could be used for deleting wires and modules with a single click, in the same way that in a lot of web browsers tabs are closed with the middle button.

+ (2012-09-16) Resize window mouse pointer is a little hand. It would be better to change this to a dual arrow head mouse pointer <-->. Of course the difficulty of this is that the mouse pointer is different depending on which part of the window you are grabbing (top edge, bottom edge, left edge, right edge, corners).

+ (2012-09-16) There is quite a wide grey margin between the deep editor "working are" and the edge of the window. At the moment this margin serves no purpose, so it would be better if it could be used for grabbing screen edges for resizing. Note that presently users need to place the mouse pointer almost exactly on the edge of the window (±2 pixel) when they want to resize the window, which is rather tricky.

(*) Features marked with an asterisk are available in Bidule by Plogue, a plugin similar to MUX which I am sure you all know about. In my opinion MUX sounds better and definitely has a far more polished user interface, it's actually a joy to use, which is why I am taking the time to post these feature requests here!

Thank you for reading!

PS: I've just bought a MUX license with pleasure, I couldn't resist.
Last edited by Scoox on Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:20 am, edited 5 times in total.

Perhaps the Add Module menu should also be dockable into the mux windows

sl23 wrote:Perhaps the Add Module menu should also be dockable into the mux windows
I think it's better to have it as a single floating menu that you can optionally "pin" so that it doesn't disappear when you click outside of it, rather than have it docked to every MUX window thus wasting valuable screen space. Plus, some MUX windows are too small.

I'm wondering: Is double-clicking the background to add a new module so much slowing down your musical workflow? Having to manage a module palette window (open it, close it, move it when it's in the way) also costs workflow time. So i can't see the big gain. How do you see this?

mutools wrote:I'm wondering: Is double-clicking the background to add a new module so much slowing down your musical workflow? Having to manage a module palette window (open it, close it, move it when it's in the way) also costs workflow time. So i can't see the big gain. How do you see this?
Thanks for taking the time to read my post. I think what I meant is that the Add Module window is always in the way, because it pops up at the location where you clicked the mouse (which is where the new module will be inserted). In addition, the add module menu is very long, even though the tree structure is collapsed each time you open it, which means it conceals a lot of screen space.

That's why I think that having the options to a) move, b) resize, c) pin down, d) remember last view, and e) remember last screen position could be useful.

I apologize because my wish-list is very long, and in fairness some of the "ideas" I suggest are not essential. In fact, the program already everything I need. However, if I were allowed to only request one feature then it would be being able to select multiple modules & wires with the mouse by clicking or using a selection rectangle, in the same was as you select files/folders in Windows Explorer, or by pressing Ctrl-A to select all. If I were allowed to request two features, then I would also request Undo / Redo. The other features of course would be very nice but not critical.

I've just added the following to my original FR post, I repeat them here to give them a bit more visibility.

+ (2012-09-16) Mouse wheel should zoom vertically first, horizontally when Alt is pressed. The reason is that because module pins are located at the top and bottom of the modules, which means that users naturally arrange modules vertically rather than spread them horizontally, and so vertical scrolling is in my opinion less likely than horizontal scrolling.

+ (2012-09-16) Resize window mouse pointer is a little hand. It would be better to change this to a dual arrow head mouse pointer <-->. Of course the difficulty of this is that the mouse pointer is different depending on which part of the window you are grabbing (top edge, bottom edge, left edge, right edge, corners).

+ (2012-09-16) There is quite a wide grey margin between the deep editor "working are" and the edge of the window. At the moment this margin serves no purpose, so it would be better if it could be used for grabbing screen edges for resizing. Note that presently users need to place the mouse pointer almost exactly on the edge of the window (±2 pixel) when they want to resize the window, which is rather tricky.

btw I didn't mean dock to every Mux window just the main one you're using, if needed then could be docked to several windows... just a thought

Return to “MUTOOLS”