=== MUX Request List ===

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Now the Mux is out there, I'd like to submit my FR list for the Mux in general. I hope it's not putting too much pressure on you Jo :oops: I'm not expecting rapid results but hopefully some/most will appear in a v5.x.x update?

After Andreas' exceptional help in creating some Mux presets upon my request, I've come up with this list of features I'd like to see added to the Mux to allow more control.

It's possible that some are already in the wishlist or may be currently possible and the module requests may be submitted by Andreas at some point, but I just wanted to add all of them as it then adds to the number of users requests, ie popularity of a particular FR.

If anyone likes a particular FR(s) below it may be a good idea to post that number(s) as a +1 so Jo can get an idea of the popularity of these FR's.

Perhaps not all are good ideas but they're things I'd like to see and I think would make the Mux much more configurable. If I think of any more I'll add them to this post.

MUX Requests:
1. Buttons for on/off switching of parameters, even knobs so you can designate a certain instant on to a certain percentage/value.

2. Ability to create a front panel knob/button and assign to any parameter within a Mux/VST even if it has no knob and is only an adjustable value. For example: LFO wave type.

3. Resizable knobs + buttons. The current buttons are re-sizable but the 'new' buttons above should be too.

4. Change text colours for buttons, knobs and header.

5. Add module for even harmonic distortion, I believe that's what Andreas said when discussing the Distortion Module, currently there isn't one.

6. Add necessary module(s) to create Lo-Fi FX. I don't just mean Bit Reduction but genuine Lo-Fidelity equipment. The only thing I've ever come across that could do this was Rolands SP-808 sampler and it was a great sounding effect.

7. Add a Parent/Child setup for Synth/FX so the Synth/FX can have presets without resorting to having long lists of the same Mux setups of the same Synth/FX with different 'patches' saved.

8. Allow buttons to have two or more selectable preset states, for example:
a. OscEdit/Properties/StartPhase could have two states - 0 and Random.
b. switch between different Filter Types.
But rather than a button being confined like the Knobs are to the parameter 'display' Have something like 'LED's' to indicate which Filter Type is selected.

9. Add sequencing into the Mux where buttons or keyboard could control On/Off state of steps perhaps, as well as notes. I know this is on the wishlist and you yourself want this one Jo, or at least the sequencing bit, I just added it as a +1 with a bit of 'how to' detail.

10. Multitimbrality. Add maybe a limit of just 3 or 4 parts, more preferably, to a Mux to allow layering of a sequence, or creating standalone groovebox. Very useful for the standalone Mux, maybe not so for MuLab's Mux. Would like to see it added to MuLab though as some of us prefer working this way. Again, just a +1.

11. When a module is disabled the 'button' added to the front panel is greyed out, but I'd also like the knobs/meta param's for that module to be greyed out as well.

12. Add ability to assign H/ware controller button to enable/disable module.

13. In order to make the front panel more 'condensed' and stop it getting to large while adding more function, I'd like buttons to 'swap' between parameters. For example: Suppose you design a synth with 7FX, all the knobs required for quick control are going to take a lot of space. But if a button could switch between the types of FX and the functions the knobs control, you'd need a whole lot less space.
Or, Several Osc's. Rather than having a load of knobs for each Osc each set performing the same functions, have just one set for them all with a button/LED configuration to switch between them.

14. A few additional parameters for the synth:
a. Monosynth, in case the terminology's wrong, I want one note playable at a time. With the second note cancelling the first. Apparently this isn't possible yet?
b. Osc sync, cross modulation, unison, VPM(Variable Phase Modulation)
c. Add ability to Modulate the waveforms themselves via LFO's.

15. Knob improvements:
a. Allow all knobs to be renamed, not just the Meta-Parameters.
b. Asymmetric adjustments of knobs. The best way to describe is by example. On the Korg Electribes there's a Pitch Offset knob which has a centre value of '0' and a -ve value of 1 octave and a +ve value of 4 octaves. I'd like to emulate that behaviour.
c. Add start and end points to define when a knob 'Starts' to take effect and when its range 'Ends.' EG: Imagine combining two knobs to a Meta-Param, call them simply A and B. Knob A works as normal, but I don't want knob B to start taking effect til knob A is at say 45% and when knob A reaches say 70% knob B stops. Knob B will of course still have its current value range setting applied. There may be a better way of implementing this, but this is the best a modest novice can come up with.

16. Mux Group Frames.
I'd like to be able to have a Group Frame laid on top of another Group Frame. If you look at Rainmeter, you see that anything you add can have a 'Position' setting. Basically this means if it's shown lowest, ie on desktop, bottom, normal, topmost, stay on top.
I'd like to have say an Osc Group Frame and allow other Group Frames to be added but stay on top of the main one. This could allow groups within groups and each could still have it's own size and colour etc. Not sure how far you would want this to go but probably 3 positions would be more than sufficient. So you could have one main Group with Osc, Filter, Amp Groups, and say Osc might have another Group for a Sample section or whatever.

17. Group select.
Not sure if this is possible can't find it anywhere. But when moving stuff on the Front Panel and Deep Editor sometimes I need to move several items but can't do so all at once. Instead I'm having to move one at a time, so some way of selecting several items at once then dragging them as a group would be great help.

Thanks for reading :D

Scott
Last edited by sl23 on Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:36 pm, edited 5 times in total.

7 ++ would be really useful. Organising things can be a bit of a mess at the moment, I find.

All of them good ideas, though. :)

sl23 wrote:7. Add a Parent/Child setup for Synth/FX so the Synth/FX can have presets without resorting to having long lists of the same Mux setups of the same Synth/FX with different 'patches' saved.
pljones wrote:7 ++ would be really useful. Organising things can be a bit of a mess at the moment, I find.
Can you guys please elaborate on this.
10. Multitimbrality. Add maybe a limit of just 3 or 4 parts, more preferably, to a Mux to allow layering of a sequence, or creating standalone groovebox. Very useful for the standalone Mux, maybe not so for MuLab's Mux. Would like to see it added to MuLab though as some of us prefer working this way. Again, just a +1.
I think that's already possible: Use a MIDI channel splitter to create a multi-timbral setup.
14. A few additional parameters for the synth:
unison
It's there: Fatness!
Thanks for reading :D
Thanks for suggesting. Interesting list! I've added several new notes on the WL.

Although it's unrealistic that all of these FRs will make it in MuLab 5 / MUX Vst 2, there is a nice overlap with my draft ideas about M5/M2.
Looking forward to build that new generation. First multi-core though.

I was very excited to discover MUX, and in trying it out, finding that it seemed to work as something I've been wanting for a long time--A plugin/host that would allow easy switching between presets from different VSTs (Zen does this, but it is unstable for me) with the added bonus of allowing fx chaining and renumbering of parameters. I own several modular synth development environments, but none of them does this.

The only problem is that it doesn't seem like you can address MUX programs via midi or vst program changes. This is a feature that would make this software worth purchasing to me.

How would it work? Not entirely sure, but it would be great to be able to put a bunch of presets into a subfolder of the user tree (as currently), and on startup have MUX read this list and report it as the vst program list to the host, as any other vst would (Currently, it looks like MUX doesn't report any presets to the host.)

Then a vst or midi program change from the host could load the appropriate program. My host (usine) is able to query the vst for its list, and populate a combobox with it. MAX does the same, and I imagine this is true with other hosts as well.

The only issue I see is ordering--currently, the presets are always alphabetized. A workaround would be to name your presets starting with a number, but perhaps support for a preset_order file (and possibly even a gui for editing it) would be worthwhile.

Good work on the software, it looks really nice so far....

Thanks!
-eric

I have such a small tiny tinsey one (pretty please!)

Drag/drop cable vol/pan to meta parameters :D

That will not make it for the following reason: The cable properties like gain, pan, modulation depth etc are not automatable. That makes them a bit faster in processing. Which is a good thing as you have the choice to use a static and more efficient gain (for example) or use an automatable gain using an amplifier module. So to answer your request: To do what you want use an amplifier module.

shucks, would have been so kewl!

But you understand the background reason, right? And what's wrong with using an amplifier in case you want to meta-parameterize an audio gain?

I have a silly FR: make a 'MUX Capacitor' module. What it would do I don't know, just it sounds cool!
The flux capacitor was the core component of Doctor Emmett Brown's time traveling DeLorean time machine and the following Jules Verne Train. Brown stated that the flux capacitor "is what makes time travel possible."
Maybe some sort of delay? Or at least name a preset that! Sorry i need sleep :)
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

mutools wrote:
sl23 wrote:7. Add a Parent/Child setup for Synth/FX so the Synth/FX can have presets without resorting to having long lists of the same Mux setups of the same Synth/FX with different 'patches' saved.
pljones wrote:7 ++ would be really useful. Organising things can be a bit of a mess at the moment, I find.
Can you guys please elaborate on this.
Actually, I guess you can start a folder for them as it stands. I was forgetting that.

X/Y controller with motion record.

More midi related modules for processing and generating.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

mutools wrote:That will not make it for the following reason: The cable properties like gain, pan, modulation depth etc are not automatable. That makes them a bit faster in processing. Which is a good thing as you have the choice to use a static and more efficient gain (for example) or use an automatable gain using an amplifier module. So to answer your request: To do what you want use an amplifier module.
Had a similar "problem" this week. I saw, that the modulation mapper has exact the same gui as a (modulation) cable, right? I think using modules like these is a reasonable workaround instead of directly automating cables, especially from (my) performance point of view (still prefer using a netbook).
         _/_/       _/_/_/
    _/_/_/_/_/_/_/
FEMALE VOICE MuX demo :phones: more by SUNFLOWER LAP ORCHESTRA

VariKusBrainZ wrote:X/Y controller with motion record.

+1 definitely. The front panel could become an alternate controller in powerful ways!
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

VariKusBrainZ wrote:X/Y controller
+1
Please elaborate.

I'd love to see any included element that has a drop-down preset list allow that preset list to be an element on the main panel. So if you have a few synths and effects as part of a MUX, their presets would be accessible without having to open each one.

Return to “MUTOOLS”