=== MUX Request List ===

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mutools wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:X/Y controller
+1
More midi related modules for processing and generating.
Please elaborate.
Eg
ConcreteFX Kubik
Has an X/Y pad which records your mouse movements.
Hit the dedicated record button and start dragging the x/y controller around.
Stop recording and the motions you recorded are played back.
http://www.kvraudio.com/product/kubik_by_concretefx

New Sonic Arts Granite
This doesnt use an x/y pad but all the knobs allow you to record your mouse tweeks (movement recorders)
http://www.kvraudio.com/product/granite ... sonic-arts

I guess they are just glorified buffers?

But I would REALLY like to see some midi processing/generating stuff.
Windows desperatly needs a modular midi environmanet with some dedicated functions, as opposed to using MUX to cobble together 3rd party VST plugs.
I see there is a tool to convert note to CC which is a good start :D
Amazon: why not use an alternative

I know they are 3rd party but the piz midi plugins are wonderful.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

mutools wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:X/Y controller
+1
More midi related modules for processing and generating.
Please elaborate.
Some good examples here
http://www.angryredplanet.com/beos/Sequ ... rated.html

Sorry, Im at work and my boss sits next to me so have to be quick and sneaky on KVR lol

FM synthesis

Modulation Matrix module with cables connector at both ends rather then choosing the source and destinations names so you can have more than one source/destination each end. (I know it sound crazy but you can do a lot without having too many cables once this MUX becomes a really modular monster in the near future).

LFO with hi freq for ACE Style synth (or OCS as parameters modulators)

Knobs with double functions as in the OXIUM. Less knobs = double functions.

Draw curves in the LFO

So far....
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Modular Midi

rather than blather on I'll just point you to Building Blocks, over a decade and still no Win replacement in Vst format like it.
http://aureality.midiworld.org/products ... locks.html

This is something that could be introduced gradually as you release modules.
Include a couple of pre made sequencers with live playability in mind made with the modules and you'd have a classic product on your hands. I want a way to create a custom sequencer withe the ability to quickly trigger, let's say macro data, that would overide any programed data in the "mother" sequence. Sonicbytes Thesys and ERA are examples. But for me they lack that final step of really being able to control that stream of midi with injections of realtime input.
Ok, I did blather a bit I realise and without much sense. I'm on a frigging mobile phone so bugger it!

mutools wrote:
sl23 wrote:7. Add a Parent/Child setup for Synth/FX so the Synth/FX can have presets without resorting to having long lists of the same Mux setups of the same Synth/FX with different 'patches' saved.
pljones wrote:7 ++ would be really useful. Organising things can be a bit of a mess at the moment, I find.
Can you guys please elaborate on this.
Well I like pljones idea of Folders, didn't think of that :roll: But I meant something like How VST's handle this via .fxp/.fxb files that save the settings of a particular Synth/FX.

My reason for this is to keep things simple when looking through the list of Mux presets, but also, whilst Andreas was helping me with my Electribe emulation he made some presets but I'd moved on with the design and changed/added stuff. Although the presets he made were the same essentially, I'd changed some front panel stuff but it was generally the same synth. However, Andreas's presets were different than my update. Whereas if the Mux saved as some sort of .fxb file this wouldn't matter.

I'm not sure if this can work, you're a better judge of that ;-) Due to the nature of the Mux I can see the challenge of this request. But as I said folders is good too, I didn't think of that!
mutools wrote:
sl23 wrote: 10. Multitimbrality. Add maybe a limit of just 3 or 4 parts, more preferably, to a Mux to allow layering of a sequence, or creating standalone groovebox. Very useful for the standalone Mux, maybe not so for MuLab's Mux. Would like to see it added to MuLab though as some of us prefer working this way. Again, just a +1.
I think that's already possible: Use a MIDI channel splitter to create a multi-timbral setup.
Ah ok, didn't know about that! I'm still new at this Mux stuff so there's a lot of stuff in there I don't yet understand. But thanks for pointing that out :-)
mutools wrote:
sl23 wrote: 14. A few additional parameters for the synth:
unison
It's there: Fatness!
Oh right didn't realise that was there :oops:
mutools wrote:Although it's unrealistic that all of these FRs will make it in MuLab 5 / MUX Vst 2, there is a nice overlap with my draft ideas about M5/M2.
Looking forward to build that new generation. First multi-core though.
Yep I completely understand ;-) I look forward to whatever does make it, hopefully Buttons do as that's gotta be one of the top! And roll on multicore!

Thanks Jo

braj wrote:I'd love to see any included element that has a drop-down preset list allow that preset list to be an element on the main panel. So if you have a few synths and effects as part of a MUX, their presets would be accessible without having to open each one.
Hmmm. This might dovetail with exposing presets to the host..... although I don't know how much putting a mux in a mux is like hosting the mux vst.

But just asking: does nobody else need to select presets from their host?

I perform keyboards live rather than producing tracks in a home studio, or using controllers to modify pre-written material, so maybe that's why.

I notice that whenever I make player-oriented suggestions for modular hosts nobody +1s, because nobody using vsts in the studio needs those features. It's such a catch-22: Keyboardists still fork out 3-4K for a nord, and software developers still write for DJs.

cheers,
-e
Last edited by woodslanding on Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

woodslanding wrote:
braj wrote:I'd love to see any included element that has a drop-down preset list allow that preset list to be an element on the main panel. So if you have a few synths and effects as part of a MUX, their presets would be accessible without having to open each one.
Hmmm. This might dovetail with exposing presets to the host.....
I think so, if it can be dragged to the front panel it can be dragged to the edit page knobs (what do you call them?). The host won't care or know they are knobs.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Already read very interesting suggestions, thanks for that! Keep on going!

mutools wrote:
unison
This is a perfect example where FR's #2 and #8 can be used to have a button for turning Fatness on and off, where the on state can be set to whatever value you like.

Also, off state could be grey in colour and on state a user selectable colour.

sl23 wrote:
mutools wrote:
unison
This is a perfect example where FR's #2 and #8 can be used to have a button for turning Fatness on and off, where the on state can be set to whatever value you like.
This is already there too... not as a button, but you can map the fatness to a meta-parameter, which you then can drag n drop to the front panel...
Imho a button for the fatness makes no sense, because you set the amount of voices, so in this case the "normal" knob does a good job... 8)

Thanks for the tip Trancit and I can understand your comments about a knob being more suitable. But I'm trying to imitate an Electribe and don't want to concern myself with too much detail, therefore a button is better as it can be set at a certain 'on' value and left alone, then just switched on and off when required. Does that make sense? Obviously for those wanting deep control and editing this doesn't make sense but for situations that require a simplified version of a function it's suits better like this I think :-)

Trancit wrote:This is already there too... not as a button, but you can map the fatness to a meta-parameter, which you then can drag n drop to the front panel...
You can even drop the fatness directly on the front panel: right-click fatness -> drag parameter -> then drop it on a FP :)

Another great tip, thanks Jo :-) I didn't think these parameters were 'knobbable' :lol:

potential mux directions are exciting to read about!

Return to “MUTOOLS”