=== MUX Request List ===

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sl23 wrote:btw I didn't mean dock to every Mux window just the main one you're using, if needed then could be docked to several windows... just a thought
The main window is often buried under a number of children windows. IMHO it wouldn't be a good idea because to select a module you would be giving focus to the main window (because you click it), which would then come to the front, and then you would have to move it out of the way in order to get back to the sub-window that you were working on.

And another one, also very important:

+ (2012-09-17) Some parameters can only be modified with the mouse. The ability to enter parameter values from the keyboard is useful some times. An option could be added to the parameter context menu ("Map MIDI controller", "Drag parameter", "Enter value") which would bring up a small window where users can type in the desired value, then click OK or Cancel.

+ (2012-09-17) In MUX, when a context menu is open, or the "Add Module" menu is visible, clicking elsewhere in the DAW only closes the menu, but does not send the click through to the control or window under the mouse. This means that if a MUX context menu is open and suddenly I need to mute a track in my DAW, I would have to click twice, the first click to close the context menu, and the second click to actually send the click to the Mute button. This is not the way context menus work, when you click outside a context menu the click is sent to whatever control the mouse is on, AND the context menu disappears.

+ (2012-09-17) Click-and-holding a module some times moves the mouse even if the mouse hasn't moved yet.

+ (2012-09-17) Selected module border some times is black and some times is green, the behaviour does not seem consistent. A module is either selected or not. At the moment it is not clear what the black border signifies. In addition, the green edge seems to indicate "module selected". I personally find the thick black edge easier to see, maybe it's more to do with the thickness than the colour.

The black border means the module is selected. The green border means that module box has the keyboard focus, and so you can use function shortcuts on it. It's not the same. And when we'll be able to select, move, copy, drag multiple modules at once, there will be multiple black bordered boxes but still only one green box. Hope i explain well. More info on the keyboard focus: http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/common/gui-info.html see GUI Focus.

It makes sense now, thank you!

I am using MUX inside of NI Maschine and its a little frustrating I cant use more than 4 fx per sound. I know I can now drop in as many fx in a chain as I want with Mux but I would love to see some kind of VST shell with hardwired volume pan fx on/off and mono/stereo tool that would cut out having to load, wire, rewire, dewire my plug ins when I change my FX.
like some new romantic looking for a tv sound

Regarding the floating non-dissappearing Add Module menu, this already kind of exists: when you click "Browse for VST plug-in..." you get a floating Add VST plug-in floating menu, so I guess it won't be too hard to implement. The filter could be improved though, so that folders that don't contain anything are not displayed at all. Digging into folders only to find they are empty is not desirable.

Oh and I need more meta-parameter pages! :)

These are an absolute godsend and exactly what I requested in Maschine aaages ago. Of course now I have them 16 isn't enough when mapping complex VSTS.
like some new romantic looking for a tv sound

Yeah I have to agree 16 meta parameters isn't enough

I really love MUX but would like to see these features to make it perfect in my eyes.

1. Optional Mono mode with different glide modes and curves.

2. Oscillator Frequency Modulation between Oscillator modules.

3 Oscillator Sync between Oscillator modules.

4. Step squencer..

A few things I want in the MUX:

1. Additive Oscillator

2. Multi Osc mixing options like on the 3x osc in LMMS : http://lmms.sourceforge.net/wiki/images ... llator.png

3. if at all thinkable an audio re-synthisis engine like in Imageline's harmor: http://www.image-line.com/documents/harmor.html

Thankyou!
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

dakkra wrote:A few things I want in the MUX:
1. Additive Oscillator
Note that you can import/edit the oscillator waveform as you want.
I assume you mean a built-in editor to edit the harmonics of the waveform?
2. Multi Osc mixing options like on the 3x osc in LMMS : http://lmms.sourceforge.net/wiki/images ... llator.png
Got a 404 on that.

Note that you can copy paste waveforms around and mix them with the existing waveform, so this way you can combine as multiple waveforms into 1.

Maybe you meant something else?

dsx707 wrote:I really love MUX but would like to see these features to make it perfect in my eyes.
1. Optional Mono mode with different glide modes and curves.
2. Oscillator Frequency Modulation between Oscillator modules.
3 Oscillator Sync between Oscillator modules.
4. Step squencer..
That's all on the global wishlist, some are on the MuLab 5 / MUX 2 wishlist.

mutools wrote:
Got a 404 on that.
Strange, now it works :)

Well you can do that in the MUX Deep Editor, there you can add as many oscillators as you want. One could make a MUX preset that recreates that LMMS Multi Osc. Oh, but i see the PM/FM/Sync features, these are not yet in the MUX, but PhaseMod and Sync are on the wishlist.

1. yeah with the additive osc. like Image lines Morphine, or like the Add osc in synth maker.

2. what i mean is the way the osc's mix together. under the logo of the 3x osc there's a section with options on how to oscillators mix. PM AM MIX SYNC FM

Dakkra
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

Return to “MUTOOLS”