MuLab 4.4.6

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A MuLab 4.4.5 test version is available in http://www.mutools.com/mulab/cedar

What's changed since M4.4.2:
  • "Audio To Note Gate" renamed to "Audio Envelope Follower" and includes a modulation output.
  • Audio Envelope Follower now properly saves Key and Velocity properties.
  • Improved the "Save Session As" dialog.
  • Finetuned the "Manage Audio/Sample Files" function.
  • Fixed a little bug in the object naming system.
  • OSX: Fixed a couple of problems wrt the file browser.
  • File path editors are much wider by default so to display more of longer file paths.
  • Mixdown To Audio File dialog: File path editor now also previews audio files while choosing one.
  • Improved keyboard handling while the virtual keyboard is on.
  • Fixed: UI splitters didn't show a hand cursor anymore.
  • Fixed/Tuned: By default VST parameter values are shown as % values, no mixed situations anymore.
  • When editing a parameter mapping, Cancel did not restore the original values.
  • More relaxed checking of the user key e.g. line breaks in the key are filtered out.
  • Event Monitor now has a "Clear" context function.
  • Tweaked several aspects in the UI.
Installation: http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/mulab/ ... ation.html
Last edited by mutools on Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks Jo

link is for 4.4.2

The cedar web-folder contains the M4.4.5 test version but maybe you gotta refresh your browser.

Worked for me :-)

mutools wrote:The cedar web-folder contains the M4.4.5 test version but maybe you gotta refresh your browser.
Done, thanks... :?

I asked this question via email to Jo... so Im posting here as well.

Question... when I want to close a session and open another, MuLab closes down? I want to just close the session/song and open another song why would the app quit? Maybe I'm missing something but my sessions are songs...

Also... the new version fixes the browser bug, but all the dialog boxes have tuned white and the border is a different color? Is that supposed to be that way?

Thanks! :)

The buttons being white is not necessarily a bad thing but not shading makes them look like they're unfinished... i.e. the background border is shaded but the buttons inside aren't? I am a graphic designer though so may be just me... :)

DHR53 wrote:... when I want to close a session and open another, MuLab closes down? I want to just close the session/song and open another song why would the app quit? Maybe I'm missing something but my sessions are songs...
Mine are songs too. I usually save a finished session and open another one. MuLab asks me for opening in "this session" or "extra session". Try selecting "this session". I think that's what you're looking for.
(Okay, we can discuss the term "this session", which I think means the structure that contains the actual MuSession file. MuLab does not insert a second session into the first one, but opens the second session instead of "this session".)
JR
         _/_/       _/_/_/
    _/_/_/_/_/_/_/
FEMALE VOICE MuX demo :phones: more by SUNFLOWER LAP ORCHESTRA

DHR53 wrote:Question... when I want to close a session and open another, MuLab closes down? I want to just close the session/song and open another song why would the app quit?
When you close the last session you get an alert box that basically says "Quit?". If you conform you quit, of course.

If you want to close the current and open another session, simply open the other session and choose "Open Session Into This Session". That will auto close the current session and replace it with the one you're loading.

DHR53 wrote:The buttons being white is not necessarily a bad thing but not shading makes them look like they're unfinished... i.e. the background border is shaded but the buttons inside aren't? I am a graphic designer though so may be just me... :)
Except for the inner color, the buttons didn't change.
So i don't see what you mean with a changed shading.

I think I agree with DHR53, it does kinda look unfinished, was that meant to be that way?

Can I just add in a small request regarding menu's. Not sure if I mentioned this previously or if it's in the WL, but... can you make it so the sub-menus open on mouse hover after a small delay? I find it a little awkward having to click on the plus sign to open a sub-menu.

Wasn't the border Grey instead of blue? Can't remember... But regardless, the border and all other interface items are shaded. Seems like the buttons should have some sort of shading as well. Personal prefs maybe?

Another question/observation... When saving or opening an "text entry" field, the field is not selected? I have to dbl. click or drag in the field to enter info. Usually either the field is active, or at least active on select. Maybe this is a Mac version problem, not sure?

Thanks! :)

sl23 wrote:can you make it so the sub-menus open on mouse hover after a small delay?
Yes it's on the WL, and yes you already requested this before, iirc.
I find it a little awkward having to click on the plus sign to open a sub-menu.
It's not only the plus sign, you can also click the folder name.

I just noticed the arrange border is greay and instruments are blue. Should they be the same? Hmmm...

Return to “MUTOOLS”