Multiple takes?

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I can't find the way to do a multiple take of a guitar part I am working on.
I will try to explain what I am looking for....

I have some drums recorded and I want to play them back and record over and over again a guitar part with out having to wind back and restart so I set the drum part looping. Then I start recording the guitar on a new track over and over. Now it all ends up in the same track and I would like the result should be multiple tracks (or something like that) so I can listen to and select the best take.

Is that possible? If so please give me a hint....

Copy the drum parts so they play long enough to do your guitar jam. Then record the guitar jam over the drum part. Now you'll be able to cut out the best guitar take(s) out of the recording. If you want you could use a separate composition for that.

OK I think I understand that. So there is no way yet to do multiple takes and select any of them? The way you propose is to make the drum part long enough for all the takes and record in serial and then select from that take? Is that a correct interpretation (sorry but english is only my second language after swedish)? I have no problem with that I just want to be sure that I am not missing anything vital... ;o)

Yes that's it.

It would be cool when/if a punch recording system gets implemented to have something like Cubase (pic) or EnergyXT's in-place stacked take modes though. Although it was more of a question than a feature request, +1 from me!

Ohhh automatic punching is not implemented either.... Well then I voting for that too as a feature request

+1 for implementing stacked take mode similiar to energyxt (v1.4).

mrhairy wrote:+1 for implementing stacked take mode similiar to energyxt (v1.4).
+1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

Return to “MUTOOLS”