MUX Vst 1.2.0

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm working on a new MuLab & Mux version. Please allow me to answer your question with a concrete new version. It's my intention to release this new versions on rather short term. Please be patient for +-6 weeks then check again ;)

That's awesome! Great answer! :D
:hug:

Do you plan to add auto PDC?

delay relative to what? the only true pdc must happen in the host and cant be a feature of a vst plugin, simply because the plugin doesnt have control of the host's reference clock. this is a better question for mulab development.

I think what he means is a situation like this:
You split the path into two and get two parallel lines. On one line you put an effect with 10 samples built in delay. When you combine these two lines you'll get phasing issues. You can counter this by checking the plugins delay and add a delay with a corresponding value to the other line.
Having this done automatically so everything inside the mux is in phase and then send the total delay value out to the host.

Was i close JPRacer? :)

ah yes but this isnt proper pdc. it delays everything in the mux. but i see what youre saying.

MUX don't report any delay to the host. If I put vst effects that introduce delay inside MUX then I must set all the track delay manually in the host.

The word has finally starting to spread http://www.native-instruments.com/forum ... p?t=171444
Im Kraklnek there. Not suggesting that you must join the thread, but if there's anything you'd like to add or see a bit more of the maschine users view. Mux is still very much needed to counter NI's limitations in programming skill.

NI intentionally limits functionality. frustrating but how else would they get you to buy the new thing?

> DiGiT < wrote:NI intentionally limits functionality. frustrating but how else would they get you to buy the new thing?
So true!

mutools wrote:I'm working on a new MuLab & Mux version. Please allow me to answer your question with a concrete new version. It's my intention to release this new versions on rather short term. Please be patient for +-6 weeks then check again ;)
Long time no see ^^
I admit I have switched to another DAW, but I am thinking of buying the MUX in order to be able to use my old patches :) I downloaded it and tried it, seems to work well :) There is a little patch browser issue, but that may have to do with my DAW...

You said there in the quote that there will be a new version. Does that mean 2.x? In this case it would make sense to wait for that version rather than buying the 1.x version now, right? I mean, in terms of free future updates...

Another question, there are two DLL files in the folder, same size, what's the difference, apart from the name? ^^

fluffy_little_something wrote:I admit I have switched to another DAW
Which one? And for what main reasons? Just friendly asking out of curiosity :)
You said there in the quote that there will be a new version. Does that mean 2.x?
Yes, a main new version. But i can't say yet what will be the highlights.
In this case it would make sense to wait for that version rather than buying the 1.x version now, right? I mean, in terms of free future updates...
If you can use the MUX now, then i recommend buying a user license now so you can enjoy it right now already :)
Another question, there are two DLL files in the folder, same size, what's the difference, apart from the name? ^^
They're the same except that the "MUX (VST Synth)" version tells the host it's a "synth". Some hosts depend on whether a vst plugin is a synth or an effect, it depends from host to host. For example, you cannot plugin "MUX" into an instrument track in FL studio, it gives an alert then, because it regards "MUX" as an effect. There you gotta plugin "MUX (VST Synth)".

Hi,

it is also a "smaller" DAW, Mixcraft. I bought it for all kinds of reasons, for instance because it has a nice mixer panel, because it comes with all kinds of drum and percussion sounds that are more appropriate for my music, because it comes with a good Rhodes emulation, because it is more "visual" and thus appealing to me (Mulab/MUX modules look all the same to me), because it supports multi-core processors, so my computer can handle many more tracks or more demanding synths now.
And frankly, they have their own support forum (separate from KVR) where nobody attacks me for any questions [correct yet unfriendly wording deleted upon moderator request].
I am not saying Mixcraft is better than Mulab, just that it appeals more to me, while Mulab might appeal more to other users.

Nah, sorry, but why would I buy the license now when you say there is a major new version in the pipeline? I am not in a hurry, so I will wait as I don't want to pay for the license now and again for the update later this year. It seems to me that the period you work within one major version of MUX is rather short. How long has 1.x been on the market now, maybe half a year? I think you should stay within 1.x till the end of next year. Why not jump to 1.3 or even 1.5, if it is a really major upgrade?

Ok, thanks for the explanation regarding those two files.

I don't know whether it is a Mixcraft or a MUX issue, but since I still have my Mulab patches in my Mulab folder, I access them using the open preset button in the MUX patch manager. So I go to the Mulab user folder, open a patch and it loads. Now, I can step through the patches using the arrow keys, but when I click on the patch name drop-down field between the arrows, it still shows the wrong directory, namely the empty MUX user folder, as if I had not accessed a folder outside MUX. It's not really a problem, just saying... :)
Last edited by fluffy_little_something on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

@Digit: I deleted your post as it was completely off topic. I will note tolerate hate spam here.

no hate only truth.

Return to “MUTOOLS”