MuLab 5.0.31 Test

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A MuLab 5 test version is available in http://www.mutools.com/mulab/everest

OSX version is almost ready too and coming asap one of the days.

For preliminary info about MuLab 5 see http://www.mutools.com/m5-info.html

If you have suggestions about finetuning MuLab 5, please post them here or email me.

Cheers!
Last edited by mutools on Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:37 am, edited 5 times in total.

:hyper:

Sounds like a fantastic mix of major features and workflow improvements! I'm well excited.

/mulab/everest, heh. Was that how it felt?

I can imagine that IS how it felt! I'm downloading now :)

Hi there,

I've just played a little around with the new MuLab 5 and here are my first impressions:

WOW, Multi Core Support works great :)
Tracks that were hitting the CPU limit are now playing smooth and without any problems.

But it said my M4-UL license key is invalid. I inserted it again, with the same result. I'm sure this will be fixed or there will be a way to convert the M4-UL license into a M5 license.

I've not run into any other problems but I've not tested that many features.

Greetings
McPanic

WOW !!! I have to try it :)

@McPanic - usually when the version is officially launched you will get a new serial for the new version.

Ok, tried it, some of the features are really really cool, the new look is better and the multicore is a step forward.

It loads much faster BIG Kontakt libraries that used to load in 10-15 minutes. Now those load in less than 2 minutes (Soniccoture Deconstructed EP).

The only problem I got for now is that Twisted Lemon Sidekick doesn't register as a valid plugin. I got that so I could specifically use a very versatile side-chain in MuLab 4 and worked perfectly for now.
I wonder why it's not working in version 5...

McPanic wrote:But it said my M4-UL license key is invalid. I inserted it again, with the same result. I'm sure this will be fixed or there will be a way to convert the M4-UL license into a M5 license.
MuLab 5 indeed uses a new user key format. The new M5 user keys will be distributed asap, though it might take a couple of days.

sorohanro wrote:It loads much faster BIG Kontakt libraries that used to load in 10-15 minutes. Now those load in less than 2 minutes (Soniccoture Deconstructed EP).
Strange, i don't understand. Anyway, i assume that's good.
The only problem I got for now is that Twisted Lemon Sidekick doesn't register as a valid plugin. I got that so I could specifically use a very versatile side-chain in MuLab 4 and worked perfectly for now. I wonder why it's not working in version 5...
I can't access their website, it gives a "Unable to connect" error.

When i tried this i just realized that i saved the around 1700 euros that i have budgeted for a new computer.
Now im going to buy my wife a nice gift instead.

Thanks for this Jo.
Merry Christmas.

sorohanro wrote: The only problem I got for now is that Twisted Lemon Sidekick doesn't register as a valid plugin. I got that so I could specifically use a very versatile side-chain in MuLab 4 and worked perfectly for now.
I downloaded and checked it out. Works without any problem here (version 4.3).

Cheers

I like the new sidebar. But is there a quick way to hide/show it? Preferably with a button rather than Hotkey.

Also, is it a simple case of copying M4 User folder to M5 to keep settings etc?

A minor thing, not sure if others feel same way, but be nice to have a 'Hover state' on buttons? I like the 'colour' scheme though, very Android!

Thanks Jo you've done a great job ;-)
Last edited by sl23 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

mutools wrote:
sorohanro wrote:It loads much faster BIG Kontakt libraries that used to load in 10-15 minutes. Now those load in less than 2 minutes (Soniccoture Deconstructed EP).
Strange, i don't understand. Anyway, i assume that's good.
That's very good :)
It's an instrument with 3 mic positions. about 8 round robins and some insane amount of dynamic layers. In M4 or FL Studio was almost impossible to use, but in M5 works just fine.
mutools wrote:
sorohanro wrote: The only problem I got for now is that Twisted Lemon Sidekick doesn't register as a valid plugin. I got that so I could specifically use a very versatile side-chain in MuLab 4 and worked perfectly for now. I wonder why it's not working in version 5...
Strange, I just clicked the link and works fine here.
AndreasD wrote:
sorohanro wrote: The only problem I got for now is that Twisted Lemon Sidekick doesn't register as a valid plugin. I got that so I could specifically use a very versatile side-chain in MuLab 4 and worked perfectly for now.
I downloaded and checked it out. Works without any problem here (version 4.3).

Cheers
Yep, exactly that's my problem, works fine in M4, doesn't register as a valid plugin in M5.

mutools wrote:
The only problem I got for now is that Twisted Lemon Sidekick doesn't register as a valid plugin. I got that so I could specifically use a very versatile side-chain in MuLab 4 and worked perfectly for now. I wonder why it's not working in version 5...
Strange now i can access that website. Must have been a temporary inet hickup somewhere. The plug is working fine on Andreas' system, can you please double-check. I also can't think of a reason why vst plugs would work in M4 but not in M5.

Oops, we had crossed posts. Anyway, i think Andreas meant version 4.3 of the plug, plugged in M5. Right Andreas?

Small issue with sound. I tried copying the User folder of M4 to M5 just to try it out, everything seems ok. But I loaded a session with nothing more than a drum pattern, it played fine til I clicked on an empty slot in Rack 4 then it distorted any sound played from other Racks. After a while it stopped. I checked the MuX's settings in other Racks but nothing obvious was wrong.

Could it be where I copied the User folder over, causing incompatibility somewhere?

EDIT: After leaving it running for some time, around 10-15 mins, the distorted sound returned and went back to normal after another 10-15 mins. Btw, not had this problem with M4.5.1.

M5 Test 32bit
Win 7 HP 64
4GB Ram

FR's:
1. MuX - when selecting 'Transparent' for a Knob, perhaps a 'Left Align' for the text should be added too? This would allow a more compact Front Panel.
2. Browser - change the 'Docking' to allow choice of full window height, and to allow docking elsewhere in the window.
Last edited by sl23 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “MUTOOLS”