MuLab 5.0.31 Test

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Can you please try a few of Plug & Mix? I used three of them (+ Diversion) and that caused my system to spike with stutter and broken audio.
http://www.plugandmix.com/support/downloads/
I use Diversion -> PM-LoudBass -> PM-Clarisonix -> PM-EchoFlex

I have tried both starting a project in Mulab5 with this and also in Mulab4 (where there's no problem) and then open it in Mulab5 with the same lockups occuring.
The problems experiensed is what i mentioned in a few posts back but then it was with other plugs (ill do my best to figure out which ones to see if there's a pattern).

Edit: The cpu usage is low otherwise, 1-2 bars on the meter.

It won't happen right away. In a new session with a similar layout (i had the delay as a send instead) it took maybe five minutes for the lockups to happen.

Can it be a denormal issue with the delay? Im trying it without now. Is this behavior typical for denormal? Is there a way to 'easily' test denormal problems with a plug? Are certiain plugin types prone to denormal issues? Delays, compressors etc

The times before when it happened i did not use this delay or any other delay (i have to think hard what it was that i used)

Im not getting lockups now when im not using the delay so ill go on with testing something else.

--

I've opened the project that (i think) i used. When i open it now i get "Bad allocation" about five times before it opens. Ill hammer this project to see if i can get any lockups.
:hug:

Valhalla's new Vintageroom causes this too. That's the one that i had used before in an older project.

Will continue to dig... :)

sl23 wrote:If I'm right he wants mulab to push his computer to its limit to see how far it can be pushed before it starts to break down.

I want to push mulab5 to the limit to help find some bugs :) I never go very high on my cpu with what i do so that's why i thought i could make a tough project that makes sense from a developers point of view.

Edit: removed.
Last edited by Crackbaby on Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-^-

Crackbaby, do you have the impression that there is a consequent problem with all VST plugins you use in M5 multi-core? Or is there a problem only when using certain plugins?

I can imagine that some VST plugins are not multi-core ready i.e. their DSP code contains multi-threading issue(s). I can't do anything about that.

Note that i cannot look inside a VST plugin so i can't 'research' a certain plugin.

I specifically double-checked and tested MuLab's multi-core engine when using VSTs, and can't find something wrong. I'll do another extra test soon one of these days.

Is there a way yet to specify audio recording on separate drives? I like to save the session in the MuLab folder on C drive but want my audio to record on D drive.

Currently, the only way I found to record audio on my separate D drive (while the MuLab folder itself is on C drive) is to created a separate MuLab Projects folder on drive D and save the session there, which will then automatically save the audio files to that folder also.

megalodonnl wrote:Is there a way yet to specify audio recording on separate drives? I like to save the session in the MuLab folder on C drive but want my audio to record on D drive.

Currently, the only way I found to record audio on my separate D drive (while the MuLab folder itself is on C drive) is to created a separate MuLab Projects folder on drive D and save the session there, which will then automatically save the audio files to that folder also.
Just copy your Mulab folder to your D drive, it's all contained in the folders, user settings and all :)

Sometimes I have crashes with T-Racks, Amplitube, Melodyne or Plug&Mix, especially if I have all of those in same project, but if I use just one or two of Plug&Mix usually goes just fine.

leggie wrote:
megalodonnl wrote:Is there a way yet to specify audio recording on separate drives? I like to save the session in the MuLab folder on C drive but want my audio to record on D drive.

Just copy your Mulab folder to your D drive, it's all contained in the folders, user settings and all :)
It's an option, but I like to keep my programs and audio on separate drives to have as less interruptions of the drives data flow as possible.

If i understand it well you have your programs on C and data on D. So the sessions are on D too as sessions is data. So then audio will be recorded on D too because audio is recorded into the session's audio folder. So all is ok, right?

sorohanro wrote:Sometimes I have crashes with T-Racks, Amplitube, Melodyne or Plug&Mix, especially if I have all of those in same project, but if I use just one or two of Plug&Mix usually goes just fine.
So sorohanro and Crackbaby you guys both mention the P&M VST plugins to be problematic in M5 multi-core. Lets use that one to narrow things down.

I just tried the P&M EchoFlex, plugged in 10 different instances of it, and jammed around with it while multi-core is active and both smaller and larger audio buffer size, but no probs here.

Can you guys give me more details about when the probs/crashes occur? The probs only occur when using multi-core, right? When going single core there are no probs with these plugs, right? Then with multi-core on: Is it with any P&M plug? Is it when editing the P&M UI? Or just on the fly while audio is being processed? Or on load/save? I need to be able to repeat it in order to evaluate the prob. (i.e. is it on MuLab's side or on the plug's side?)

mutools wrote:

If i understand it well you have your programs on C and data on D. So the sessions are on D too as sessions is data. So then audio will be recorded on D too because audio is recorded into the session's audio folder. So all is ok, right?
Sure, it works fine like this, except that it's a bit strange that the user has to wonder whether it would help to actually change the save location of his sessions to the other drive in order to FORCE Mulab to record audio to that other drive (instead of an option to specify the path for audio recordings).

It was just a comment in the spirit of how to improve ML5 (also in the eyes of users who come from another DAW).

M4 registration code doesn't work in M5 Beta?

Does M5 need administrative privileges in Windows all the time or just for the driver scanning at first start?
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

You need a new code for M5 - see earlier (in the) thread (mail Jo).

M5 doesn't need admin at all, as far as I'm aware. (Though I have it installed in a non-UAC folder.)

Return to “MUTOOLS”