MuLab 5.0.31 Test

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mutools wrote:Oops, we had crossed posts. Anyway, i think Andreas meant version 4.3 of the plug, plugged in M5.
Well, in that case I can't really understand.
In M4 works fine, in M5 I constantly have this "invalid VST plugin" message.
I tried to delete all VSTs from M5 list, re-installed the plugin, restarted the computer. It just doesn't want to work.
In M4 works every time I open it.
:(

Well, actually I don't have to switch right now from and you need a little rest, so, don't worry about that, have some happy and peaceful holidays :)

mutools wrote:Oops, we had crossed posts. Anyway, i think Andreas meant version 4.3 of the plug, plugged in M5. Right Andreas?
Correct! Mulab 5 with Sidekick v4.3 works fine here

Andreas

sl23 wrote:Small issue with sound. I tried copying the User folder of M4 to M5 just to try it out, everything seems ok. But I loaded a session with nothing more than a drum pattern, it played fine til I clicked on an empty slot in Rack 4 then it distorted any sound played from other Racks. After a while it stopped. I checked the MuX's settings in other Racks but nothing obvious was wrong.

Could it be where I copied the User folder over, causing incompatibility somewhere?

EDIT: After leaving it running for some time, around 10-15 mins, the distorted sound returned and went back to normal after another 10-15 mins. Btw, not had this problem with M4.5.1.

M5 Test 32bit
Win 7 HP 64
4GB Ram
Scott, can you try and set the number of audio processing threads in the audio setup to the number of real core of your cpu! Don't count any hyperthreading cores.

Ok, done that will wait to see if it helps. Thanks for tip ;-) So, aren't HTC's counted as cores then? Or is it just because this is a work in progress? I did have it set to Auto(4) but changed it to 2.

EDIT: It seems to have worked, been playing for around 20 mins with no distortion. How did you know it was the HTC's?

FR: I love the new Mini Parameter's, makes so much difference. But one minor 'complaint' is that when you group them together, it makes it more confusing to see. Would be nicer to be able to add ability to create groups with z-plane order. ie, place on top, underneath, etc. That way you could create a group of buttons with transparent 'borders' and have several within a main group.

So for the Oscillator Group could contain another Group for all Osc Knobs/Buttons and another Group for Balance/LFO or however you want to do it.

After some testing I've found a small inconvenience.

The big green button in the top bar of instrument/effect windows doesn't light up correctly if the instrument/effect is an external VST plugin. One can still click that button to switch the processing of the specific VST on/off, but it doesn't reflect the status properly. Seen while using reaeq-standalone as an insert effect in a rack.
(I'm also trying to automate this on/off switch. Any ideas?)

sorohanro wrote:In M4 works fine, in M5 I constantly have this "invalid VST plugin" message.I tried to delete all VSTs from M5 list, re-installed the plugin, restarted the computer. It just doesn't want to work.
In M4 works every time I open it. :(

Well, actually I don't have to switch right now from and you need a little rest, so, don't worry about that, have some happy and peaceful holidays :)
Taking a bit more rest will be for after M5 release.

I've downloaded the plugin and it scans fine here too.
Are you using the 32 bit or 64 bit MuLab?
When you scan that plugin then what does the scan log window tells?
There should be some info there.
You could email me a print screen of that scan log window.

McPanic wrote:After some testing I've found a small inconvenience.

The big green button in the top bar of instrument/effect windows doesn't light up correctly if the instrument/effect is an external VST plugin. One can still click that button to switch the processing of the specific VST on/off, but it doesn't reflect the status properly. Seen while using reaeq-standalone as an insert effect in a rack.
That button LED has 3 states: Off (dark grey), Bypassed (darker green), Active (light green). The 'Smart Bypass' state is an automatic state where the VST plugin will not consume CPU when it is not necessary i.e. when it does not have any input or output. You can control the Smart Bypass via the VST plugin's context menu. Mmm, thinking loud now: I guess 'Auto Bypass' would be a better name for that feature.
I'm also trying to automate this on/off switch. Any ideas?
It's not automatable.

mutools wrote:
sorohanro wrote:In M4 works fine, in M5 I constantly have this "invalid VST plugin" message.I tried to delete all VSTs from M5 list, re-installed the plugin, restarted the computer. It just doesn't want to work.
In M4 works every time I open it. :(

Taking a bit more rest will be for after M5 release.

I've downloaded the plugin and it scans fine here too.
Are you using the 32 bit or 64 bit MuLab?
When you scan that plugin then what does the scan log window tells?
There should be some info there.
You could email me a print screen of that scan log window.
Tried in 32 bit, because that's what the plugin require and most of my plugins are 32 bit, but after that didn't work I tried unsuccessfully also the 64 bit.
Tried to reinstall plugin, MuLab, run as admin, copy the "user" folder from M4, dropp the dll, add it as VST... and weirdly, now that I moved the M5 to another haed disk, it works...

So, end of story, after messing with me all day long, apparently is working without me doing anything to it... weird...

So when M5 is on the same disk as M4 it works? If so maybe it's something with Windows' UAC?

I have no idea what is UAC but Windows 7 has many things against users, so, maybe...

Fantastic Upgrade :love:

My first question is how to save a MuClip.
For the life of me I can't figure it out :cry:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

liquidsound wrote:Fantastic Upgrade :love:

My first question is how to save a MuClip.
For the life of me I can't figure it out :cry:
Two ways:

* Drop a sequence part on the browser while the browser's What = MuClips.

* Right-click a sequence part -> Part -> Presets -> Save Preset (As)

Note that when you right-click a sequence part you also have the option Sequence -> Presets -> Save Preset (As) which will only save the sequence without the sound.

OK.
I was dragging into the App MuClip pool and that didn't work.
Also I was expecting to see somewhere Save MuClip rather than Preset and that could be a little confusing.
Great feature.
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

liquidsound wrote:OK.
I was dragging into the App MuClip pool and that didn't work.
Because the factory folder is protected. Otherwise there could be practical problems when updating your MuLab install.
Also I was expecting to see somewhere Save MuClip rather than Preset and that could be a little confusing.
The "Presets" mecanism has been more generalized with M5, which is a good thing imho.

Return to “MUTOOLS”