MuLab 5.0.39 (pre-release)

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mutools wrote:Thanks for the MuSession. Indeed a float var rounding issue. Fixed in the next version.
You rock! 8)

This is an awesome release!!

Two minor observations:

-I had it crash once when I tried to open a new session and 'replace the current session'. It does seem to be related to replacing a session as it also happened in a previous version but it appears to be very rare indeed.

-It's technically possible to move the upper side of the application window under the OSX title bar so it cannot be moved back again. The program must then be quit to recover full visibility. An earlier version of MULAB (or possibly Luna) also did that.

OSX 10.6.8 MULAB 32bit.

Marco :)

EDIT: post transferred to a seperate topic
Last edited by Reincke on Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
         _/_/       _/_/_/
    _/_/_/_/_/_/_/
FEMALE VOICE MuX demo :phones: more by SUNFLOWER LAP ORCHESTRA

Bonteburg wrote:This is an awesome release!!

-It's technically possible to move the upper side of the application window under the OSX title bar so it cannot be moved back again. The program must then be quit to recover full visibility. An earlier version of MULAB (or possibly Luna) also did that.

I don't know what exactly you mean by that, but it sounds very similar to the browser issue I described earlier and which is still not gone (I skipped a couple of releases and downloaded the latest one yesterday).

Also, I rescanned my VST folder (whose content has changed quite a bit since the last time I scanned it early last year). Only three of the original plugins are still there. Mulab did not recognize that they were already registered and added them again, so that I have those three plugins twice now. Maybe there should be an option to remove duplicates.

Furthermore, Mulab tells me that my Mulab presets can no longer be opened as they are too old. I know about upgrading presets and projects. But I find the process a bit clumsy, one still has to have the old version around. Wouldn't it be better to add the update converter in every copy of Mulab itself so that it automatically compares the versions and makes the update? :)
Anyway, have you changed something about the sound of Mulab's synths? The parameters still seem to be the same, so why are those patches no longer compatible?

The Mac's 'Taskbar' is at the top and when Mulab is moved the top of it's window gets covered by the Taskbar making it impossible to move Mulab back down.

I think that's right?

taskbar - that's the word I was looking for! Thanks.

:D

By 'technically possible' I mean that no limit is imposed on how far up you can move MULAB. Most programs only go up until they hit said task bar, so you get it and whatever constitutes the program's header menu stacked on top of one another.

Bonteburg wrote:-I had it crash once when I tried to open a new session and 'replace the current session'. It does seem to be related to replacing a session as it also happened in a previous version but it appears to be very rare indeed.
Was that while the music was playing?
It's technically possible to move the upper side of the application window under the OSX title bar so it cannot be moved back again. The program must then be quit to recover full visibility. An earlier version of MULAB (or possibly Luna) also did that.
It's indeed free to do so, or not. If you don't want that, then don't do that.
But then even if you can't see the title bar of a MU window then you can still move it via [Alt]-clicking the borders, or right-clicking the borders -> Move To Top-Left. See http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/common/gui-info.html

fluffy_little_something wrote:Anyway, have you changed something about the sound of Mulab's synths? The parameters still seem to be the same, so why are those patches no longer compatible?
There are technical reasons, of course.

Legacy versions are here http://www.mutools.com/mulab/legacy-versions

Using MuLab 4.5.2 and up it's really easy, only a couple of clicks, to upgrade all you presets in one go.

mutools wrote:
Bonteburg wrote:-I had it crash once when I tried to open a new session and 'replace the current session'. It does seem to be related to replacing a session as it also happened in a previous version but it appears to be very rare indeed.
Was that while the music was playing?
I don't remember now but it could have been. Definitely thought it could be bout playback. I'll try and recreate it but it's really quite rare.
mutools wrote:
Bonteburg wrote:It's technically possible to move the upper side of the application window under the OSX title bar so it cannot be moved back again. The program must then be quit to recover full visibility. An earlier version of MULAB (or possibly Luna) also did that.

It's indeed free to do so, or not. If you don't want that, then don't do that.
But then even if you can't see the title bar of a MU window then you can still move it via [Alt]-clicking the borders, or right-clicking the borders -> Move To Top-Left. See http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/common/gui-info.html
Awesome I didn't know that! Basically makes a non issue out of a small one.

edit: the crash didn't happen during playback just now - I think it's quite safe to forget about it for the time being. It's really rare.

Bonteburg wrote:edit: the crash didn't happen during playback just now - I think it's quite safe to forget about it for the time being. It's really rare.
So you had another one just now?? :o If it's not too much effort for you please email me the crash report when it happens again. I'll also do some extra tests here.

no no - I did not!!

I will make it a habit of mine to start new sessions during playback and keep you updated if anything happens.

Found a UI mistake. While in the MUX deep editor the bottom right corner isn't used by the UI so the grid shows through
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

I agree it might look a bit unexpected at first but it is logically correct as it is. Think about it. And visually it doesn't hurt at all imho.

There's a weird thing rarely happening to MULAB where it kind of doesn't fully shut down (at least that's the way it looks to me. It may also be starting halfway up at random but that would be a bit weird I think).

I only notice it when I want to use MULAB and the little icon in the dock has the little arrow thing to show it's already open, but clicking it doesn't bring it to the foreground so I have to go to the OSX activity monitor, force-quit MULAB nd then I can start it up.

Has happened only twice so far in a few weeks of using it.

Marco :D

Strange :? I never heard about something similar. Are you using multi-core? If yes, does switching it off make a difference? (Audio Setup -> Set "Num Audio Threads" to 1)

Return to “MUTOOLS”