MuLab 5.0.39 (pre-release)

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In the Mulab menu, the info links need to be fixed. Some are broken and some are outdated
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

Done. Thanks!

Create via harmonics and rotate title does note completely show
in the header :

My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

Couple things I've noticed with M5 and the latest version of M5... This is on a Mac, with OSX 10.6.8 32 bit:

MuDrum is very cpu hungry... I've noticed that dragging presets into the arrange show the engine running at 25-35%... That's a pretty heavy hit. The various drum plugins I have Microtonic, Nerve and iDrum are half that. Seems like before (M4) MuDrum was not near as cpu hungry?

Dragging sequences saved or creating midi sequences in MuLab allows dragging for looping. But importing a midi file this doesn't seem to work? Is this a function... can a midi file be looped within MuLab or is copy and paste the only option?

I'm still on 32 bit so Im not sure what the cpu usage is with multi-core support but I can get 8 tracks at about 50% going without MuDrum, but adding MuDrum I'm getting 75% with 4 tracks. Seems high?

Since I can't seem to get drag and drop to work with any of my plugins the looping of midi files is somewhat important. As I have to export the midi file, re-import then copy and paste multiple times to create a drum track. Myself, I usually create drum tracks on one track...

OSX midi bug is fixed though! Yayyy on that!

:)

If I remember correctly (I don't have a MIDI file around to try), imported MIDI files don't have the "loop end" marker set. You need to right-click on the marker area and turn it on, then set it where you want. Or something like that.

When you drag a plugin from the browser, the plugin default to gray .. could it be possible to change this so it gets a random color?
:hug:

DHR53 wrote:Seems like before (M4) MuDrum was not near as cpu hungry?
I don't see a reason why it would be different in M4-M5. Did you do a clear test using the same system, same setup, same MuDrum preset, same sequence?
Dragging sequences saved or creating midi sequences in MuLab allows dragging for looping. But importing a midi file this doesn't seem to work? Is this a function... can a midi file be looped within MuLab or is copy and paste the only option?
On importing a MIDI file no automatic loop is set. Once a MIDI file is imported it is a collection of sequence parts just like any other sequence parts. Yes you can loop a composition and you you can loop individual sequences.
OSX midi bug is fixed though! Yayyy on that!
:party:

So how do I set the imported midi sequence to loop? I've tried "functions" set loop - but it brings up a dialog with two 00's that I can't get to do anything? Maybe I'm missing the function on that... If I create a midi sequence in MuLab it automatically loops on dragging.

I deleted M4 so I guess I'll have to DL again to test MuDrum, but regardless, all the Drum VIs I have are substantially less cpu hungry - albeit without the capabilities to load fx and submixes/sends within the plugin.

Will test some more...

Please read the docs and watch the tutorial movies. It is explained how to set loops in composition and sequences.

O.K. figured it out... it has to be done in the editor with start and end loop... Seems like it would be easier if you could right click the midi clip and say "loop" however many times, but it does give you some more options, so that will work.

Drag and drop would be easier... :)

Drag-drop what on what? (maybe i'm a bit tired, sorry)

Midi pattern files from the plugin itself. I have Microtonic, Nerve and iDrum which will do drag and drop of midi patterns from the plugin interface... They show a plus sign like their working but no midi file goes in the track? Like I said I can export the files out and reimport to the track, but it would save a couple steps if it worked.

Thanks! :)

P.S. I have sent a support request to the U-He folks about the browser scrolling in Zebra and they are looking into it. :idea:

DHR53 wrote:Midi pattern files from the plugin itself. I have Microtonic, Nerve and iDrum which will do drag and drop of midi patterns from the plugin interface... They show a plus sign like their working but no midi file goes in the track? Like I said I can export the files out and reimport to the track, but it would save a couple steps if it worked.

Thanks! :)
Have just dragged the 'Mididrag' from microtonic to a empty track and the new sequence was created !

Is this what you mean ?

PC or Mac? If you say PC... damn! :)

Return to “MUTOOLS”