MuLab 5.0.39 (pre-release)

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Rack preset question... I loaded a VST into a rack and saved it as a rack preset. So I'm expecting to drag this rack preset into arrange and create a track with the VST in a rack at the bottom of the arrange window. But what happens is the track is created, the rack at the bottom of the arrange is created but when I click on the arrow for the VST interface to appear I get another rack interface which I have to click on THAT arrow. Is that correct? So I have to open 2 racks to see the VST interface... Hmmmm. Not what I expected but the idea of a rack preset is great if it worked. 8)

Just updated from .27. This is so great: it looks so damn cool and motivates even more. Thanks a lot.

DHR53 wrote:Rack preset question... I loaded a VST into a rack and saved it as a rack preset. So I'm expecting to drag this rack preset into arrange and create a track with the VST in a rack at the bottom of the arrange window. But what happens is the track is created, the rack at the bottom of the arrange is created but when I click on the arrow for the VST interface to appear I get another rack interface which I have to click on THAT arrow. Is that correct? So I have to open 2 racks to see the VST interface... Hmmmm. Not what I expected but the idea of a rack preset is great if it worked. 8)
If you saved a Rack as a preset, that rack will, I would expect, get put into a slot in one of the session racks if you drop it to create a track, as those are what the tracks can target. Same applies for any preset dropped to create a track's target, I would expect. (I've not tried it...)

Er, that's not what I would expect... I'm expecting it to become a rack in the session racks, and a track in the arrange. Not a rack within a rack. But maybe that's not the idea... I don't know? I like the idea of being able to drag a VST setup with the correct presets/banks loaded, and start a track/rack in the arrange that way. Saves time and is a great idea.

Having that turn into a rack within a rack means more work to get to the interface and frankly it would be better to just do it the old way. Hope that's not the only option.

:idea:

DHR53 wrote:Also, when I go to save the session, I still get that long stream of { bracketed } stuff that is not highlighted and on the mac is even hard to click on and type text in? I thought that was fixed ???
I don't understand what you mean. Maybe post a screenshot?

DHR53 wrote:Rack preset question... I loaded a VST into a rack and saved it as a rack preset. So I'm expecting to drag this rack preset into arrange and create a track with the VST in a rack at the bottom of the arrange window. But what happens is the track is created, the rack at the bottom of the arrange is created but when I click on the arrow for the VST interface to appear I get another rack interface which I have to click on THAT arrow. Is that correct? So I have to open 2 racks to see the VST interface... Hmmmm. Not what I expected but the idea of a rack preset is great if it worked. 8)
You can regard that as a bug. Fixed in the next version coming one of the days.

Grouping and fading out racks would be really cool. I work with NI Maschine in Mulab with 16 single outputs (for each instance of Maschine ) which already fills more than my screen (1920x1200) already. That would be really helpful. Or did I miss something in the docs and it is possible somehow, perhaps a workaround?

pljones wrote:in one of the session racks if you drop it to create a track, as those are what the tracks can target.
A track can directly target any module at any modular level. That's one of the special aspects about MuLab. And it's as simple as dropping a module on a track to connect the track to that module.

mutools wrote:
pljones wrote:in one of the session racks if you drop it to create a track, as those are what the tracks can target.
A track can directly target any module at any modular level. That's one of the special aspects about MuLab. And it's as simple as dropping a module on a track to connect the track to that module.
So if I drop a VST from the preset library to create a track, there will be no rack created in the next version, too? I thought the idea was if something triggered a new track creation, it would get the new rack, so people got a consistent experience with other ways of working they were used to. It needs to be clear what presets will create a rack and what presets won't when dropped.

Oh, sorry if i misunderstood you. Yes in the next version, when you drop a VST on the [+] track, the VST will still be put in a new rack and the new track is connected to the new rack. Same as before. The same for MUX presets. Only when dropping a rack preset that rack won't be put in a container rack, as happens now. That was unintended.

Yayy on that... because that is very cool. For instance, what I do is load a VST and the bank I want into a rack... then I add a reverb. I save that as a rack preset. Now I can drag that to the track "+" sign and get that same VST setup and the track in the composition window. Saves a couple steps from the old way. Plus I have tons of banks/presets for some VSTs so this lets me load the VST setup for different uses etc. Thats' cool! 8)

What if i drag a rack preset to a rack's slot? :D Will it replace what's in that rack or will it create a rack within that rack? I was just playing around with the racks a little as i read the last posts.. :)

By the way, that dragging and dropping of -ANYTHING- to a track is so incredible awesome.. :D Very intuitive!

Bonus question: If i want my midi input to be sent to two different instruments at the same time, the way to do this is to create a mux and route the event input to the instruments, correct?
:hug:

Clearly some people are attracted to MuLab because they like to tinker with wiring modular setups for fun. While I find this interesting, I'm more interested in quickly getting ideas down with any time-saving setups that the program allows me to take advantage of. No doubt you can create some kind of wiring nightmare that only an engineer could love, but I prefer to apply this flexibility to make my life easier... not harder. Life is complicated enough!

:wink:

Crackbaby wrote:What if i drag a rack preset to a rack's slot? :D Will it replace what's in that rack or will it create a rack within that rack?
If you drop the rack preset on the rack it replaces the rack, if you drop it on a rack slot it replaces the rack slot.
If i want my midi input to be sent to two different instruments at the same time, the way to do this is to create a mux and route the event input to the instruments, correct?
Yep.

If i set up a samplerplugin to play a sample and then record that in mux to a new track/rack by rewinding and pressing record while having a plugin effect with a bit of latency (compressor around 100 samples according to mulab), this delay will be in the beginning of the recorded file. Is there a way to overcome this?
Sorry for long sentence :oops: Maybe i messed up but im fairly sure i didn't. The sample i played had no delay in the beginning of it (it was trimmed).
:hug:

Return to “MUTOOLS”