MuLab 5.0.39 (pre-release)

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dakkra, what does your OCD tell you about my second pic suggestion above? ;)

EvilDragon wrote:dakkra, what does your OCD tell you about my second pic suggestion above? ;)
It totally agrees. Having the devices customizable and matching the color of the header would be really nice. Would give a better workflow IMO. Ever since the "choose the looks" update I've been working 3x faster. The look and feel has a large impact on how I feel about the work area. So having even the devices change color with the theme would be awsome. It would feel just like the rest of the work area and would be (IMO) more inviting to use.
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

Hey guys and what about all those customized MUX front panels like for example Basic Synth, Chorus, ... They are built to be static!

If we would follow the simplicity you propose (simplicity in a good way, i like the core idea, but read on) then that would mean that the whole customizable front panel feature should be deleted, and we will get a much more monotone interface. I don't think that's a good idea.

Your further thoughts?

mutools wrote:Hey guys and what about all those customized MUX front panels like for example Basic Synth, Chorus, ... They are built to be static!

If we would follow the simplicity you propose (simplicity in a good way, i like the core idea, but read on) then that would mean that the whole customizable front panel feature should be deleted, and we will get a much more monotone interface. I don't think that's a good idea.

Your further thoughts?
Have the "theme" color be the default color. Then allow us to change the look of the front panel. That way we still get a good look and feel along with the ability to customize our panel
My Setup.

Those instruments that are customized should stay that way.

But these that can be made to match the rest of the GUI should match the rest of the GUI.

mutools wrote:Choosing a color for a module only colors the track header that connects to it, and also colors the module box in the deep editor.

I've been playing with the idea to also color the front panel with that module color i.e. the front panel of MUXes that don't have a customized front panel.
(edit: but this idea is not realizable on short term at least not for the factory synth and effect devices (mudrum, musynth, muverb, ...))

Maybe that's also what you were expecting?
I was expecting that but no worries if it's too much trouble. Just be nice to be able to change the colour of Factory stuff too.

I think that's the case: All default MUX front panels use the preferred user colors.

Right. So MuSynth, MuPad, MuSampla, MultiSample, MuDrum should all follow the top panel display color, as suggested in that second pic above. And then when the user goes to "Choose color", knob and text label colors and displays should all follow that color selection.

I think that would be really cool!
Last edited by EvilDragon on Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

People's ocd can be used in great ways :) Every mental "anomaly" can be! It must be controlled and tamed though ...
About the colours .. I have no opinion :D
:hug:

Crackbaby wrote:People's ocd can be used in great ways :) Every mental "anomaly" can be! It must be controlled and tamed though ...
About the colours .. I have no opinion :D
Ahahahahahahaha! Indeed
My Setup.

EvilDragon wrote:Right. So MuSynth, MuPad, MuSampla, MultiSample, MuDrum should all follow the top panel display color, as suggested in that second pic above. And then when the user goes to "Choose color", knob and text label colors and displays should all follow that color selection.

And then allow MUX items to be customizable.
My Setup.

mutools wrote:I've been playing with the idea to also color the front panel with that module color i.e. the front panel of MUXes that don't have a customized front panel.
(edit: but this idea is not realizable on short term at least not for the factory synth and effect devices (mudrum, musynth, muverb, ...))

Maybe that's also what you were expecting?

Oh, so it's not that easy to make this change for MuDevices? EvilDragon sad :(

Wouldn't it be possible to store the color in a variable then use that variable with the MuDevice colors?
My Setup.

EvilDragon wrote:Right. So MuSynth, MuPad, MuSampla, MultiSample, MuDrum should all follow the top panel display color, as suggested in that second pic above. And then when the user goes to "Choose color", knob and text label colors and displays should all follow that color selection.

I agree, would make the GUI more uniform and keep mind more focused.

I was creating kits in the MuDrum and I noticed that the routable sends at the bottom of the pads don't go to the busses I set up in the racks? So I have 4 racks with FX that I use as sends in my other racks... but these do not show up in the MuDrum sends??? Instead it shows send A D C and outputs 1 through 4... I have no idea what the those Racks A D C are? They don't seem to go anywhere. Hmmm is that a bug? I can still just load FX in the slots and the wave slots next to the pads, but it seems like the sends used to go to the Racks?

:?:

Return to “MUTOOLS”