MuLab 5.0.39 (pre-release)

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There is a new MuLab 5 test package available in http://www.mutools.com/mulab/everest

This is what's changed since M5.0.31:
  • Restyled graphics.
  • New app function: "Choose The Looks".
  • Auto-quantize recordings is off by default.
  • When doing 'New' session, the session window title was not as intended. Fixed.
  • Legacy composition names "Unnamed Composition" are filtered out, so it will use the default naming, which is the same name as the session.
  • Grid control now also supports mouse wheel.
  • Audio Recording Setup panel now includes a "Setup" button that opens the Session MUX.
  • Different editors: Clicking the zoom in/out scrollbar buttons did not do repeated action, only once. Fixed.
  • Num Audio Processor Threads "Auto" setting now is set to num processors / 2.
  • Logical Selector also reacts on Escape.
Because of the intense changes in the UI you need to install the complete new package. As always you can copy your user settings into that new installation, cfr http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/mulab/ ... ation.html

Basically MuLab still looks the same but the user can choose 2 main colors: The "Top Color" and the "Editor Background Color". (MULAB menu -> Choose The Looks) I've implemented this into all the details, meanwhile also tweaked and tuned many little details in the UI so to get a more uniform and solid look. Hope you like it. If not you can even set it up so to look (almost) like M4. Of course curious for your feedback! Cheers!
Last edited by mutools on Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:26 am, edited 5 times in total.

I liked the way it looked before. Specifically liked the Green for the browser and the light Green for the 'Displays'. But definitely an improvement. Perhaps add another option to give 'Displays' their own colour?

You could take this a lot further and add this ability to colour change any/every part of the interface. What do you think? So you could change the Racks and other Grey parts to a colour if you so wished. Perhaps this is already planned?
Last edited by sl23 on Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

So is there any way to change the black background as well? I can see that you can change the arrange window and background for the transport bar. Also noticed that the color for transport (background) defaults to track color when dragging a MuClip in... which one might not want all the tracks to be the color of the transport bar background? Hmmm...

What exactly is a MuClip: as opposed to a sequence? It saves the instrument AND the midi information? Does this work with VSTs as well as MuLab internal instruments?

:?:

Also, how about option to Restore Defaults? Actually this applies to any part that can be coloured including Mux.
Last edited by sl23 on Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DHR53 wrote:Does this work with VSTs as well as MuLab internal instruments?

:?:
Yes :) I have several clips now with automation and sequence data connected to Alchemy, the automation recorded from Alchemy x,y pads, all stored in nice Muclips :D

The button colour should be able to be different from highlighted too.

0.32 is crashing right down when installed to E:/mulab (my data drive) 'Mulab has stopped working!' but will run direct from the archive! 32 bit running on a 64 bit win7

Text should be different colour from UI elements, too much of the same... Perhaps another option to choose Text Colour?

I like this update

some things I have to say:
1. the contrast on the piano roll grid, as you get smaller than beat notes, gets harder to see the lines
2. the browser needs to have the same background as the main editor. It's very distracting when it's different

And a quick question here. How to I take a sub track and make it a non-sub track?

Edit:

Figured out how to make a sub track a "parent" track. Just drag the track into the black area under the "+" button. The track will become a normal track. Also if it has sub tracks they will follow it. :tu:
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

On the CPU meter, when you click through it the text displays are the original text color

Is this intended or just something missed?

Also (IMHO) the play bar is too thick. When I'm zoomed out it covers a large portion of my track. While it isn't a huge problem it is a bit annoying and distracting. Keep in mind though it is strictly an opinion
My Setup.

Very nice changes. Thank you!

DHR53 wrote:So is there any way to change the black background as well? I can see that you can change the arrange window and background for the transport bar. Also noticed that the color for transport (background) defaults to track color when dragging a MuClip in... which one might not want all the tracks to be the color of the transport bar background? Hmmm...
The clip should be the color of the rack. So if you color the rack then that issue is solved. Then transport bar is a different color than the clip once the rack is colored.
Last edited by dakkra on Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Setup.

dakkra wrote:1. the contrast on the piano roll grid, as you get smaller than beat notes, gets harder to see the lines
Yes, will tune that some more.
the browser needs to have the same background as the main editor. It's very distracting when it's different
You can also make the background the same as the browser.

leggie wrote:0.32 is crashing right down when installed to E:/mulab (my data drive) 'Mulab has stopped working!' but will run direct from the archive! 32 bit running on a 64 bit win7
Can't repeat that. Just installed M5.0.32 - 32bit on Win7 64 bit, it's playing fine. Did you install the complete package? At what exact point does the crash occur? And what kind of crash? Any error messages?

I like the colorization changes.

Would be cool if the dark elements of the GUI could be similarly colorized.

Return to “MUTOOLS”